new plumbing system DWVI

Users who are viewing this thread

mjjstang

Reaction score
Hello, first time, long time.....

I am building a new home by myself. Never ran DVW but have been reading code books and talking to lot of people. Here I have included a picture of how the pipes are run at the moment. It is on a crawl, and this is the first floor. The second will have it's own vent and tie in on the short run of SCH 40 as shown in the picture. So focusing on what I have here, I have a few questions.

tl1.jpg

First is that since I have a crawl, this is basically all horizontal and I want to make sure that the toilet drain and venting is up to code. The toilet is in the middle of a group of fixtures as shown. (CW is the clothes washer standpipe.) The 3" vent going through the roof is downstream of the toilet as shown. I also wanted to use this 3" vent stack to take the back to back drain of a bath LAV and Laundry TUB. I have not installed the double sanitary tee yet so If I HAVE to, I can run a separate drain, thus NOT wet venting these two fixtures into the 3" vent stack.

I am using IRC and I saw a reference that said regarding wet vent "toilet at same elevation or below other fixtures. Am I to assume we are talking same as in first floor/ second floor, or as in above or below based on 1/4" down-slope. If that is the case, then of course the toilet is only technically below the shower/tub.

Also, I have not run a vent for the shower/tub yet. Before I do so, I wanted to make sure it was absolutely necessary.

Any advice is WELL appreciated. I have been racking my brain on this and really need to get moving on this house!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks