PDA

View Full Version : Question about headlights

Cookie
01-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Attn all motor people,

If both your headlights go out at the same time, which is it most likely to be, the bulbs or a fuse? Which would you do or check first?

Thank you.
:)

Gary in NJ
01-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Usually, each light is protected by its own fuse. It would be unusual for both lights or both fuses to fail simultaneously. However, both lights are controlled by a single relay. I would put my money on the relay.

DonL
01-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Attn all motor people,

If both your headlights go out at the same time, which is it most likely to be, the bulbs or a fuse? Which would you do or check first?

Thank you.

That depends on the Model that you have.

Could be OP error. lol

Happy New Year Cookie.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Wise guy, it is not OP error, lol.

The relay is a fuse as well? Will Auto zone put it in you think?

Happy new year Don. :)

(this is son's car, so not sure of the model) It is little and red. lol.

Chad Schloss
01-03-2012, 10:52 AM
could be a relay. my grandpa drives a 2000 something mercury crown vic. all lights go through a module under the middle of the dash. Module to replace (because they say it is non repairable) is almost $600. I fixed it for $5 bucks after I took it apart and resoldered a relay. This time I used a better relay and remotely located it so it can be replaced if necessary.

Gary in NJ
01-03-2012, 10:57 AM
The relay is a fuse as well? Will Auto zone put it in you think?

A relay is not a fuse. Usually the relays are located in the engine compartment in a self-contained compartment with a plastic housing. You'll find fuses in there as well. If you look at the inside of that plastic cover it will show you where the relays are located.

The guys at the local Autozone should be helpful in identifying and replacing the relay.

DonL
01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Auto Z will check it out for free.

If it is American made depending on the year then the Rear Tail lights may be out also.

If it is a fuse then there is a reason that it blew.

Chad Schloss
01-03-2012, 11:01 AM
did he install a radio recently? maybe cut some wires under the dash he wasn't supposed to? lol :) seen that a lot when I used to install car stereos, alarms & car starters when I was younger.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 11:07 AM
I am doing my mom thing. :) I will tell my son about the relay, thank you so very much. I did ask him, about the back lights and he said, they are working, turn signals, the works, just the headlights aren't working. If a fuse, wouldn't a fuse blow just because the fuse went bad? Bad fuse?

Cookie
01-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Oh, boy... you might had hit on something with the radio. I will have to ask him about that one. He only has a small cassette player in this car, and, he wanted a CD player.

He was talking about installing one.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I bet he did.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
His dad could build a car, a hybrid, better than a car manufactuer. He could fix this in a heart beat. lol.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Nope... he didn't do a radio or CD player, still listening to the cassettes and hating I am sure, every minute of it. :) So, scratch that idea.

I wish things while I was growing up were different for girls with fixing cars. The interest was not encouraged for it. If I had a daughter, I would really encourage her to take classes in mechanics. At least to do the basics.

ballvalve
01-03-2012, 12:16 PM
The headlights that I know have to be on a relay that automatically resets, so you get a few more on off cycles of the lights at night so you can get off the road. No fuses for Headlights anymore. Probably a bad relay.

DonL
01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I bet he did.

What did he do ?

He must of had a Girl in the back seat, Smashed a wire from all the bouncing, Blew the fuse, and could not drive home.

Sounds like a story that my boy would tell, After being out on a date with a Hot Chick.

Ask her what really happened. She may say, "I just hit the gear shift knob" But she knows what really blew his fuse...

LLigetfa
01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Ask her what really happened. She may say, "I just hit the gear shift knob"...

A friend parallel parked his Vette and ran in to grab a pack of cigs. His girlfriend bumped the gear shift knob. The car started to go forward but rather than put the shift lever back in park, she reached across the console and tried to use her hand on the brake pedal. Unfortunately, she hit the gas pedal. Headlights both went out at the same time.

So we still don't know anything about the car except that it is small and red. Maybe it has those headlights that are always on. Well, almost always... they go off when you pull the hand brake. I had one where the switch on the hand brake lever was out of adjustment and kept the lights from coming on. It was a small car too, but it was more burgundy than red. It had a stick shift and the reverse light switch was also out of adjustment. Whenever I put it in neutral (or was it park?) the reverse lights would come on. People behind me at a red light would freak out thinking I put it in reverse and lean on their horn.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 01:28 PM
I still have a feeling it might be the headlights, the bulbs. Reason being, is, I used to replace mine, both, at the same time, until, a mechanic told me not to do that because, they both could burn out, and, at the time when you need them most. So, I stopped doing that. When, one burns out, I do one... until, the other one burns out. But, it might be also, the relay switch, and, I am sure him and his girlfriend will fix this. Maybe, the older woman he bought this from, did the same thing, I used to do.

nukeman
01-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Based on the lack of a CD player, I assume this car is probably pre-early 90's. If that is the case, the headlights may or may not use a relay. Some older cars passed the full headlight current through the headlight switch. The fuse for the headlights will either be in the engine bay or under the dash.

It would be very unlikely that both bulbs burned out at the same time (even if they were the same age). An overvoltage condition due to a bad regulator in the alternator could cause the bulbs to burn out quickly, but you would also see problems elsewhere (all bulbs burning bright, blowing out early, etc.).

- fuse
- relay (if it has one)
- bad headlight switch
- bad connection/wiring
- bad bulbs

We need a year/make/model to even start to guess what it might actually be. For instance, the ground of the headlights might be shared and often the headlights are on a different circuit compared to the taillights. A bad ground could cause the headlights to flicker or not work at all.

Start with the fuse as they are cheap and easy to replace. However, as mentioned before, if the fuse is blown, there is a reason. If you just replace the fuse, it may just blow again.

The older cars without headlight relays also see a more frequent failure of the headlight switch. Since they pass all current through the switch, the arcing, pitting, and carbon buildup can cause the switch to fail. Often, you can open them up and clean the contacts and be good to go again.

cacher_chick
01-03-2012, 03:07 PM
It is pretty common for some people to drive around with one headlight burned out and not even notice. They sure as heck do notice when the 2nd bulb burns out though. :)

Would be good to know what make/model we are working on.

Do the hi-beams work?

DonL
01-03-2012, 04:49 PM
It is OK Cookie,

You can tell us what Make and Model that he has, even if it is not American made.

Cacher_Chick has a point.

The Wallflowers Drove with one Headlight.

Maybe the Battery is Dead...

Cookie
01-03-2012, 05:41 PM
The battery is not dead, lol. An 04 Hyundai. Don't know if the high beams are working or not. I have a feeling they aren't, but, don't know that for sure.

I am working on Bob's party list. :)

DonL
01-03-2012, 05:46 PM
I am working on Bob's party list. :)

Cool, I have a little Black Female Cat, She is very sweet, Can she come for his party ?
She will bring catnip.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Well, I already have coming, 2 dogs both with 4 legs, one dog with 3 legs, 2 cats, one nearly blind, one nearly deaf, and, then, depending on if my one girlfriend is bringing all her kids, it would total 6 kids, 6 adults, and, the Birthday Cat & his eye-seeing cat friend, Tom Tom. ( named after the GPS system)

And, one guniea pig that is older than Bob.

DonL
01-03-2012, 05:55 PM
The battery is not dead, lol. An 04 Hyundai. Don't know if the high beams are working or not. I have a feeling they aren't, but, don't know that for sure.

It is most likely the headlamp relay. Power comes from the Green 40 amp fusable link to the 20 amp headlight fuse in the fuse box. If you have power on both sides of that fuse, then it's the relay or a break in the wire going to the relay.

The headlamp relay is located in the underhood electrical box. There are three relays on one side (engine side) of the box and it's the forward most relay.

DonL
01-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Well, I already have coming, 2 dogs both with 4 legs, one dog with 3 legs, 2 cats, one nearly blind, one nearly deaf, and, then, depending on if my one girlfriend is bringing all her kids, it would total 6 kids, 6 adults, and, the Birthday Cat & his eye-seeing cat friend, Tom Tom. ( named after the GPS system)

I get it my little Black Kitty Poo is not invited...

Why are people so raciest ?

Cookie
01-03-2012, 06:00 PM
I am off tomorrow, so I will pop open his lid and see if I can find it. If I can find it, I will take the part out, ( pulls out?) and, then, take it to AutoZone. Thank you all.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 06:01 PM
We already got a black one coming, lol. 2 oranges, 1 black, 1 calico. Little Sohie is her name and she is great. She belongs to my neighbor down the road, but, you wouldn't know that.

cacher_chick
01-03-2012, 06:16 PM
The headlamp circuit varies a quite a bit from one model of Hyundai to another, and the cars with daytime running lamps are different than the cars that came without. Some models used high/low beam relays, and some did not

There are fuses in the underhood fuse block, but they are seperate for left and right, so both of them being blown is not likely. Fuses don't blow without good reason anyway.

The on/off and dimmer switches control the ground side of the circuit. A quick and non-technical check is to try is to wiggle, shake, and gently "torque" the switches to see if you can get any sign of lights. The dimmer switch is one of the more likely items to fail, and could cause no headlights.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Okay, that is my deer. That is Little Timmy, who is not so little anymore, but, he still wants to get in the house, and of course, Bob wants out, no one gets their own way. lol. Little timmy might come by later he usually does. It was cool when he brought his own family once. I thought I was posting Sophie. lol, oh well.

What would make the fuse blow? I will copy the instructions and take it outside with me tomorrow. Thank you.

I think, his model is an Elantra.

cacher_chick
01-03-2012, 06:35 PM
If it is an Elantra, there are seperate 15 amp fuses for high beam and low beam, and a 3rd 20 amp fuse that feeds the relays. If the 20 amp fuse is blown, neither the high or low beams will work.

Try wiggling the switches first though. Fuses don't normally blow unless there is a short in the wiring.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 06:40 PM
I will print that out too, lol. I love printers. :) Come in handy. So, replace all the fuses? Now, about the short, I don't like that. How can I fix that? Find out if it is shorted?

Long time ago, I parked my car, back then, a stationwagon, on the side of school where the elementary students were at, basketball court on the other side of it. Well, I parked the car, went to shut if off and smelled smoke. Wow. I opened the lid, and, out poured flames. Not good. The kids were screaming inside, basketballs went flying, and I shut the lid again, and ran. There was a gas station one place over and I ran there, and they came and put it out, saying, it was a short, which they fixed.

I don't want this happening to my son.

DonL
01-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Okay, that is my deer. That is Little Timmy, who is not so little anymore, but, he still wants to get in the house, and of course, Bob wants out, no one gets their own way. lol. Little timmy might come by later he usually does. It was cool when he brought his own family once. I thought I was posting Sophie. lol, oh well.

What would make the fuse blow? I will copy the instructions and take it outside with me tomorrow. Thank you.

I think, his model is an Elantra.

When You pop the Fuse Box cover it should tell you what Fuse/Relay does What.

Look for the one that says HeadLamps...lol.

That deer is so cute. You are very Blessed.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 06:42 PM
When I wiggle the switches, what am I doing this for and looking for? Not flames right? I don't like flames. That is why I am good and will go eventually, to the 'cool" place.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 06:47 PM
He is big these days. He comes around in the early morning or at about 1:30am. If I go outside he is usually, there, so, I feed him. But, he rubs his antlers on my legs, and even though he is huge, he is very gentle. He has grown up here. I remember someone telling me, when he was little that I should keep him in the basement. The basement? Why would I want a deer living in my basement? I would make the Hoarders tv show. lol. He is happy outside. Bob, is happy inside. And, yes, I do agree, I am blessed Don. I love animals. People I tolerate, lol. This pic is from the morning he was born. It was hot, and I put this box over him to shield him from the sun. On the flip side of the box which you can't see I wrote something, as usual, always trying to make a buck... I wrote: see the buck for a buck. lol, and, someone taped a buck on the box, :)

When You pop the Fuse Box cover it should tell you what Fuse/Relay does What.

Look for the one that says HeadLamps...lol.

That deer is so cute. You are very Blessed.

cacher_chick
01-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Someone needs to watch to see if the lights flicker, flash, etc, while you "wiggle" the switches.
If wiggling a switch causes that to happen, it is the problem.

I wouldn't replace anything unless I have proven it is faulty. Fuses and relays can be tested.

Just like with plumbing, there comes a point where professional help makes sense.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 06:55 PM
So, if the lights flicker then, the switch might need replaced? Is that something a mechanic should do?

BobL43
01-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Attn all motor people,

Thank you.
The cold weather usually causes the headlights to turn on.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Going to run this by you all. Son called and while he was at work, his girlfriend's dad, replaced the lightbulbs, and it works. He did have high beams... not low beams. Her dad only replaced the bulbs. I am grateful to this man for being so good to my son, yet, I need to ask, being they both blew, and both high beams were working, but, not the lows, does it sound like this is all it was? I really like my kid. lol.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 07:07 PM
ha ha. I will ignore this one.

cacher_chick
01-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Like I said before, he was probably driving with one for some time and never noticed. 2 bulbs blowing at once would not be a common occurrence.

The good news is that it's working and it didn't cost more that the car is worth.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 07:09 PM
So, tell me, what do you think of him the morn he was born? Cute as a little dickens wasn't he? I can show you a pic of him today, if you want to see it.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 07:10 PM
You know what I remember once my husband pulling the wheel off the steering column wheel, and doing something to one of our cars once. He never swore, was against his religion, lol, but, he did that day. I remember that. I remember teasing him, saying, ' Ah, you go first on that test drive."

If the dimmer switch is bad, it is inside the steering column. Not a particularly good DIY job unless you have a warm shop full of tools and nothing better to do.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I usually see him pulling away in the mornings and, see his headlights but, I might had missed it one morning being off.

So, you think, that was all his problem then? He will be fine?

Like I said before, he was probably driving with one for some time and never noticed. 2 bulbs blowing at once would not be a common occurrence.

The good news is that it's working and it didn't cost more that the car is worth.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 07:18 PM
I have this problem with my car. :) we could tackle tomorrow... lol.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 07:28 PM
just a teeny-weeny little problem... lol.

DonL
01-03-2012, 07:29 PM

That is funny Bob.

I like to turn them on when it gets hot.

Cookie
01-03-2012, 07:34 PM
I am here you know, lol. And, how did you get your rocket to work?

BobL43
01-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Going to run this by you all. Son called and while he was at work, his girlfriend's dad, replaced the lightbulbs, and it works. He did have high beams... not low beams. Her dad only replaced the bulbs. I am grateful to this man for being so good to my son, yet, I need to ask, being they both blew, and both high beams were working, but, not the lows, does it sound like this is all it was? I really like my kid. lol.Sounds like it was known, but ignored for quite a while before they all burnt out. Hope I'm wrong, but that's my guess. I see people driving around all the time like that. Good for your son's gir's father.

BobL43
01-04-2012, 03:59 AM
ha ha. I will ignore this one.thanks, I'm sorry.

Cookie
01-04-2012, 07:42 AM
What is really weird though is this, when he leaves in the morning, I stand at the door waving, and, I do the mom thing, lol, I am checking his lights, etc while he pulls away. I didn't see one out, but, I guess I could had missed one, just kind of weird that I would, because I am very observant. I usually don't miss a thing.

DonL
01-04-2012, 09:14 AM
I am here you know, lol. And, how did you get your rocket to work?

I just added some Rocket Fuel.

Cookie
01-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I should had let you fix my reindeer lights, lol. they would had been really cool. but, then, i might had needed, JW. :)

I just added some Rocket Fuel.

DonL
01-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I can put something together for you.

Kind of late for reindeer, This Year.

Cookie
01-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I will give that some thought, thank you very much. I like your rocket, that is spiffy.

DonL
01-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Check this out Cookie and tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clxtg2pFTQM

Cookie
01-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Well, I will say this. On Christmas I was at the hospital for kids with the big C, and, a little kid (age 13) asked me that same question. She was playing the song. I don't know for sure, but, I think, it is about a sick child and questioning or talking, about God. Like I told my little friend, that I always...thought God was a woman because who else would have had the sense of humor to create a man. :) She cracked up laughing and said, " men are silly, aren't they?" Yes, I said, yes they are, that is why we give birth because they would get it wrong. :)

but, sons are not included in this they are great. :)

Cookie
01-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Got this question about a car window. :) It is stuck down. It is winter. It is snowing. It won't go up, so it is now covered with plastic. My son thinks it is the clamps inside the window holding it, nothing electrical. How can I fix this?

Thank you.

BobL43
01-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Got this question about a car window. :) It is stuck down. It is winter. It is snowing. It won't go up, so it is now covered with plastic. My son thinks it is the clamps inside the window holding it, nothing electrical. How can I fix this?

Thank you.
If anything is actually broken mechanically down there, you need to remove the interior door trim panel and see what's going on. If it's electric windows, when you press the button, do you hear any sounds from inside the door? Other windows work OK? Maybe the operating switch is bad. Driver's door?

Cookie
01-05-2012, 12:05 AM
I was thinking not knowing which would be the lessor of the problems, but, possibly, related to the headlight problem. Since, the timing is there. But, he said, he doesn't think it is electrical, and, yes, it is the drivers window. I didn't ask him if he heard any sounds, but he said, the window glass moves about. Always something.

I am going to take a look at it in the morning.

BobL43
01-05-2012, 03:55 AM
I was thinking not knowing which would be the lessor of the problems, but, possibly, related to the headlight problem. Since, the timing is there. But, he said, he doesn't think it is electrical, and, yes, it is the drivers window. I didn't ask him if he heard any sounds, but he said, the window glass moves about. Always something.

I am going to take a look at it in the morning. Maybe if you don't find anything, you should bring the car to the dealer or a mechanic for evaluation? How old is the car? The reason I asked if it the driver's window is that it is usually the only window in a car that cannot be operated by a passenger in another seat, and the problem may be the driver window switch itself, but on the other hand, if the glass is loose down there, the glass may have unglued itself from the bottom lifter rail mechanism. That used to be very common in older cars.

Cookie
01-05-2012, 06:57 AM
It is a 2004, I think. Son is on the way to drop it off at the mechanic's now. I had this problem with my sebring, it was horrible, going from one window to the next, back to the dealer over & over. It was all an annoying fun & game until, the extended warranty ran out. Now? I just don't use the windows. They are up. They are staying up. It used to be they would get stuck down, of course in the winter, and stuck up in the summer. I have a friend in NZ who swears he is buying a Clysdale horse for transportation. Can't say I wouldn't blame him. I think, cars should come with an option for both the electronic winder gizmo AND, a window handle to wind down or up. At the dealer that was alittle over 300 a hit to fix. Like I said, that was a warranty. I don't know what my son will pay today. It will be interesting to see, I just hope not sad.

Cookie
01-05-2012, 07:09 AM
When someone rides in my car and asks if they can wind down the window I tell them I can't afford the air, leave it up. When they start to complain, and, ask for the air to put on, (which hasn't been working) I tell them, life is a series of challenges and this will make you stronger. Like I am told and resent, lol, " what doesn't kill you will make you stronger." So, most people think, okay, I just won't ride in her car in the summer. Not so, my friend.

It is worse in the winter. The heater doesn't work. :)

DonL
01-05-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't know what my son will pay today. It will be interesting to see, I just hope not sad.

Make sure that you are sitting down when he tells you. lol

BobL43
01-05-2012, 08:13 AM

Hey! I resemble that remark:p

Cookie
01-05-2012, 10:42 AM
And, here I thought you would be tall, dark and handsome, you are saying you look like a guniea pig? :) I don't believe that for a second!

Hey! I resemble that remark:p

Cookie
01-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Nothing in this world can shock or surprise me, I am shockproof now days. He had to take my car to work today, good thing it is warmer out there, at least he can play some music in it, music to keep warm by, lol. And, I reminded him to every now & then, to open the door to vent the fumes. I got a big hole, crater-size under it. I am truly amazed when people think, my life is no different than theirs. :) I laugh the laugh of the insane and shake my head to & fro in disbelief. Insanity works, don't knock it.

BobL43
01-05-2012, 05:13 PM
And, here I thought you would be tall, dark and handsome, you are saying you look like a guniea pig? :) I don't believe that for a second!

I am, but I'm already taken.. I saw the nambe Bob and the brain tuned out guinea pig. ooh!

Cookie
01-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Actually... this Bob here, is quite handsome, all the girl cats are after him, but he has nothing to offer. lol.

Cookie
01-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I was sitting down when he called, but, I could had been standing! It was the regulator, and, total cost was 209. I was paying much more than that at the dealer on my car per window. I am glad it wasn't much more than that for him though.

BobL43
01-05-2012, 07:44 PM
I was sitting down when he called, but, I could had been standing! It was the regulator, and, total cost was 209. I was paying much more than that at the dealer on my car per window. I am glad it wasn't much more than that for him though.

Good deal, very good. Yep, Lincoln parts and labor ar more than Huyundai's

Cookie
01-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Thank you all for all your help in these matters, it is appreciated. :)

DonL
01-06-2012, 07:53 AM

So it was a dead battery. lol

It it was a Ford it would have cost about $25 for the part and 10 minutes to replace it.

Glad he is back on the road.

Now it is must be about time to get you car heater fixed...

BobL43
01-06-2012, 08:01 AM
So it was a dead battery. lol

It it was a Ford it would have cost about $25 for the part and 10 minutes to replace it.

Glad he is back on the road.

Now it is must be about time to get you car heater fixed... window regulator not voltage regulator like they used to have in the old days. It'll be a little warmer this weekend here, so Cookie may wait longer to get the heater fixed. When my wife rides in my truck, I can't have the heater on (at all), as it makes her too hot.

DonL
01-06-2012, 09:12 AM
My mistake.

I thought the Window Regulator was Your Finger. lol

So what kind of regulator do they use ?

A Resistor or a fuse ?

BobL43
01-06-2012, 09:57 AM
My mistake.

I thought the Window Regulator was Your Finger. lol

So what kind of regulator do they use ?

A Resistor or a fuse ?wadda you mean now, for a window or an alternator? Got no idea, just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and learned enough for cocktail conversation:p

DonL
01-06-2012, 10:06 AM
wadda you mean now, for a window or an alternator? Got no idea, just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and learned enough for cocktail conversation:p

LOL

I know about alternator regulators, been play with them for years, New ones are solid state. FET on most.

Window regulator was what I was asking about.

It is funny how they hide all of the Fusible links in the wiring harness, so the dealer has to screw you...

nukeman
01-06-2012, 10:22 AM
A regulator for ya winder is a mechanical device. It either attaches to a crank (for manual windows) or to a motor (for PW).

An older manual regulator looks like this:

http://www.mazdatrix.com/pictures/l-inter/59-560A-8871.jpg

A bit newer power window one might look something like this:

http://www.mazdatrix.com/pictures/l-inter/94-95windowreg-s.jpg

Usually for this type of problem:

- motor is shot
- regulator binds or pivot point breaks
- glass falls off the tracks or somehow binds

Cookie
01-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Sounds like with his, the glass would had fallen off the tracks.

BobL43
01-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Sounds like with his, the glass would had fallen off the tracks.swatta said back a piece in post 60

DonL
01-06-2012, 11:22 AM
A regulator for ya winder is a mechanical device. It either attaches to a crank (for manual windows) or to a motor (for PW).

An older manual regulator looks like this:

http://www.mazdatrix.com/pictures/l-inter/59-560A-8871.jpg

A bit newer power window one might look something like this:

http://www.mazdatrix.com/pictures/l-inter/94-95windowreg-s.jpg

Usually for this type of problem:

- motor is shot
- regulator binds or pivot point breaks
- glass falls off the tracks or somehow binds

Thanks NukeMan,

Could it have broken because his Girlfriend was sticking her feet out the window ?

I still think that a girl had something to do with this.

BobL43
01-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks NukeMan,

Could it have broken because his Girlfriend was sticking her feet out the window ?

I still think that a girl had something to do with this.my 64 beetle had straps so her feet would not have to stick out the windows. this is going crazy. I'm done here

DonL
01-06-2012, 12:06 PM
my 64 beetle had straps so her feet would not have to stick out the windows. this is going crazy. I'm done here

Why are you done ?.

My girlfriend messed up my headliner and Window tinting.

I am sure that Cookie could tell us a good story if she just would.

Cookie
01-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I agree with Bob.

BobL43
01-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Why are you done ?.

My girlfriend messed up my headliner and Window tinting.

I am sure that Cookie could tell us a good story if she just would.First of all its Cookie's forum. 2nd of all, I would not talk to a nice lady this way in person, and why should I do it over the Internet?

DonL
01-06-2012, 05:17 PM
First of all its Cookie's forum. 2nd of all, I would not talk to a nice lady this way in person, and why should I do it over the Internet?

I know that she is a very nice person.

And she also knows that we are just playing.

I would talk to her in person, just as I would on the Internet.

I do not hide behind the computer Monitor.

Sorry Cookie.

I guess I need to go play somewhere else.

Cookie
01-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh my goodness, you people just worry to much, lol. I took no offense at anything, and, my heaven's it is not my forum, lol. Sorry Terry! :) There is a country song I sing to, badly, about footprints on a windshield.

But, I do thank you Bob, for saying such things to me, for, I guess somedays I could use hearing something nice. Today, is one of them. Big time.

Cookie
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Their is so much discrimination with illnesses in the workforce. That is what was bothering me today Don. Not you, nothing you said. I want you to stay and play, lol, you and Bob, make me laugh. I need that.

I also, need a boss who is not an asshole.

Cookie
01-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Or, hit the lottery. :)

God... I want to hit the lottery.

and, then, I would buy this place, ( my work place) and have it demolished like that 12M house.

Cookie
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Tell me, comment on this, you guys, any guys ever get so frazzeled, that you want to say, "enough?"

and, figure out a way to open your own business and the hell for working for anyone at all, ever again in life?

That is where I am at. Frazzeled enough.

Cookie
01-06-2012, 05:59 PM
I have honestly, clenched my teeth and jaw hard enough today, my face is loopsided, lol.

Cookie
01-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Sometimes. :)

I know that she is a very nice person.

And she also knows that we are just playing.

I would talk to her in person, just as I would on the Internet.

I do not hide behind the computer Monitor.

Sorry Cookie.

I guess I need to go play somewhere else.

Cookie
01-06-2012, 07:03 PM
On a good note, his car is working, ( knock on wood) just fine. The lights, the wipers, the battery, the windows, all are working. Life is good again. :)

On another good note, my book is under serious consideration for publication. Yeah... :)
If they all get published it would make quite a few. Enough to get the heater fixed Bob. lol.

But, my motto is, never to count yer chickens before they hatch. And, being we had chickens, 2 of them, Einstein and Yoda, they never laid an egg. Could be because we didn't have a rooster, lol.

Don, how does this work? :)

BobL43
01-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Tell me, comment on this, you guys, any guys ever get so frazzeled, that you want to say, "enough?"

and, figure out a way to open your own business and the hell for working for anyone at all, ever again in life?

That is where I am at. Frazzeled enough. Of course, we've all felt that way. When my company asked me tyo come back a year and a half after they asked me to retire, it put me in a nice position. when things bother me now I just remind them that they need me more than I need them, really. I do my best, same as i always did, but the BS politics at work we all get caught in really sucks

Cookie
01-06-2012, 09:56 PM
What I never understood before it all happened to me, was the discrimination with health. It is HUGE in the workforce. I can't explain it well enough. Honestly, if someone told me years ago, I would had looked at them, like saying, " yeah, right..." but, they would had been right. It is a real catch22. You are damned if you say anything, and damned if you don't. The mistreatment is astounding. One thing is sure. A person such as me, will have to prove theirselves worthier than someone healthy as a horse. That really sucks. Like life isn't hard enough. I have found humor in many circumstances to work, even, if I am the only person laughing. Like Erma Bombeck said, "if life is a bowl of cherries, why am I always in the pits."

*I had bought a bag of cherries the other day, put them in a bowl and sat them on my desk. Numerous people walked by and looked in the bowl and never said a word.

Occasionally, I would eat one and leave the pit.

I thought, one person would ask, " what's with the cherries?" :) I was grossly, disappointed.

Cookie
01-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Well, the car has to go back. Whoopee. The weatherstripping is pushed up and out, and their is a gap in the glass area, and the white plastic clips are sticking up & out. Imagine that, just fixed.

Bob, don't know if you remember but, Bob has his birthday today; but, the party has to be rescheduled because Thomas & my Bob, lol, are sick. They started sneezing 2 days ago, and still feel warm. I think, they got kitty colds. He is 24 today. Poor Bob... but, he isn't feeling well, and laying about, and Tom Tom keeps sneezing on him. :(

I did tell my son this morning, we have reason for concern, because Bob is getting older.

DonL
01-08-2012, 09:03 AM
On a good note, his car is working, ( knock on wood) just fine. The lights, the wipers, the battery, the windows, all are working. Life is good again. :)

On another good note, my book is under serious consideration for publication. Yeah... :)
If they all get published it would make quite a few. Enough to get the heater fixed Bob. lol.

But, my motto is, never to count yer chickens before they hatch. And, being we had chickens, 2 of them, Einstein and Yoda, they never laid an egg. Could be because we didn't have a rooster, lol.

Don, how does this work? :)

Maybe they were roosters. lol

They only need a rooster to make baby chicks.

And the type of feed has a lot to do with egg production, so does the weather.

Cookie
01-08-2012, 10:45 AM
They were our Easter peeps which we kept and, they lived for about 3 years. They were cool. We didn't dye them, ( which is horrible) so, they were your normal white Rock ones. What is horrible is over the night, and to which I woke up to, is now, I got that darned Bells of Palsy on the right side of my face. So, now back on steriods. I don't mind it much because it doesn't hurt, but, it effects my lipstick and the drooling is alittle impolite. I am told stress causes this, what stress? lol. This is the second bout for me. But, Bob & Thomas are much better and my vet school chum (high school) is always nice enough to come check them out. Me, too. :) Why pay for a doctor when I got a vet friend who can put me down, lol.

Cookie
01-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Ps. Glad to see you are back Don, you can play here, :) I have no problem with that.

DonL
01-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Ps. Glad to see you are back Don, you can play here, :) I have no problem with that.

You know that I would never leave You.

I would not say anything here that I would not say to your face.

If I say something that I should not, Just slap me. I may just like it.

Sometimes Pain makes a stronger Person. And I do feel your pain.

Cookie
01-08-2012, 03:28 PM
lol. that's what they all say, one-night, and, then, they are gone. :)
Hm, Nietzsche...
You want to talk about pain, you should see me eating popcorn right now, lol, it isn't painful for me, but it would be to watch :) like chewing with your mouth open. It keeps falling out. :)

There is one good about this, I got this permanent "evil" eye right now, and probably for the next 2 weeks, I will have some fun with this and let those at work, thinking I am deliberately doing this, lol. See, their is a silver lining in everything.

Will make sure, I pack a lunch every single day and eat with them. Soup would be good.

BobL43
01-08-2012, 06:51 PM
lol. that's what they all say, one-night, and, then, they are gone. :)
Hm, Nietzsche...
You want to talk about pain, you should see me eating popcorn right now, lol, it isn't painful for me, but it would be to watch :) like chewing with your mouth open. It keeps falling out. :)

There is one good about this, I got this permanent "evil" eye right now, and probably for the next 2 weeks, I will have some fun with this and let those at work, thinking I am deliberately doing this, lol. See, their is a silver lining in everything.

Will make sure, I pack a lunch every single day and eat with them. Soup would be good. we guys get all crazy when the ladies talk like that about themselves

Cookie
01-09-2012, 06:36 AM
i reread that and if, I could, I would laugh right now. :)

BobL43
01-09-2012, 07:44 AM
i reread that and if, I could, I would laugh right now. :)

I wrote that to cheer you up not to make fun of your condition. I know its not funny at all.:)

Cookie
01-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Actually, it is kind of funny. I am drinking coffee through a straw and still burning myself. Thomas the younger cat with the better eyesight has been staring at me, so rude. I learned a long time maybe, learned is not the right word, thrown, yes, thrown, into laughing at things to preserve my sanity. I always say, not to under estimate insanity, because it works. So, does humor, it gets you through some times, you otherwise may think you can't and there are some things, like death, you would think you could never laugh at. Yet, I found that to be funny at times. I remember back in 98, when I was first diagnosed with "seemingly" Hodgkins disease. My husband, we, came home from the hospital, my arm in a sling, and, my neighbors were out & about. The man I love, the woman, well... He asks me what happened. I told him and started crying. The wife was all disgusted with me. I learned later he was going to send over a pizza and the wife wouldn't let him, lol.

Then, 2 years later, after being on some dreadful drugs for 18 months, drugs I was told would bring a big man down to his knees, I am coming home from the hospital again. Arm back in sling. They, the same neighbors, are back out. It was a feeling of dejavu, except with a twist. This time, I found out I was misdiagnosed, the drugs didn't work, and, I went from a stage 2 to a 4. The man asked me the same question, and, I told him, it was never Hodgkins disease but, Non Hodgkins disease. With that being said, the wife said, " and look all that crying for nothing!"

This is why and what I am writing my book about. I stopped crying that day, and started laughing at people and their lack of insensivity to the plight of others. And, I haven't quit laughing yet. I keep finding more and more to laugh about and to educate.

My husband summed it up well in ... I forget which year. I think, 2003. I had a blood clot on my calve and lymphoma on my ankle. From the drugs given to me in 98, I had developed what is called, neuropathy in my feet and hands. Which means the nerves were damaged and I lost all feeling, so I developed what I referred to as my sexy walk, and eventually, through time I had regained the feeling in my hands but, never in my feet. This particular day, in 2003, I had to have surgery to remove the lymphoma from the ankle bone, and my husband told me not to worry because no one dies of ankle cancer, lol., so, I went into surgery and had it done. I refuse to ride in a wheelchair, and, after surgery I walked out to the parking lot with my husband. Something was different... very different. I could now feel my feet, and, I said, to him, " I can feel my feet!" but, now, when he talked, I couldn't hear him. :) We turned around, walked right back in and found out the fluid had moved so much, it was affecting the nerves in my ears. I started laughing. My husband said, to me, written on a piece of paper, " i will give you this much girl, you got one hell of a sense of humor." And, the worst part was, I lost my sexy walk.

Cookie
01-09-2012, 01:48 PM
The car is fixed, and I am on my way to getting fixed. I have thrown in the towel, going to do the prednisone. :( So, no one make me mad. :)