View Full Version : The "hidden bolt" toilets

01-02-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't know what these toilets are called, but they don't have the flange on the floor with the bolts and those bolt covers on the flange. Instead, the bolts are somehow hidden inside the sides of the toilet, so it's a "clean look" from the bowl to the floor, and there's no ledge of any sort sitting on the floor to collect dust and dirt. I had one of these toilets installed a few years back and can't remember what they are called.

Also, is there a toilet brand of this type that someone can recommend? I was reading the thread about American Standard not being a good choice. I want a good, reliable toilet that will last me for thirty years. The one we are removing (due to a remodel), is 34 years old and has never given us any problems! Would like another one that's reliable. I also want a water-saver toilet. Any help is appreciated!

Chad Schloss
01-02-2012, 08:46 PM
like this? a caroma 270 bowl :


Gary Swart
01-02-2012, 10:46 PM
If you will go to the Toilet Review link at the top of this page, then click on Shopping, then click Toto toilets, you can review 14 models of Toto toilets that have the flange bolts recessed in the skirt as you described.