PDA

View Full Version : Toto Ultramax Handle Broken?

lordmoosh
11-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Hello all,

Recently my Toto Ultramax toilet has had a loose handle. Today I heard the water running and noticed the handle was down causing the flapper to stay open. I called Toto to get a replacement handle under warranty but the guy told me that the 5 year warranty is for the china and 1 year for the parts. I purchased the toilet August 2007. Does this sound correct?

At any rate he told me to see if the screw inside of the handle is loose so I took the handle off of the toilet and noticed the plastic inside of the handle had a piece broken off from it but the screw was tight. I would think I could replace the plastic piece but I do not have time to waste as this is our only toilet in the house. Could you guys tell me how much does part usually runs and where I should buy it (Toto or some 3rd party?). Thank you!

Gary Swart
11-22-2011, 03:51 PM
I think you can take the advice given by Toto CS as gospel. Here's what I'd do if this was my potty. First, I'd rig a cord from the flapper chain to the top of the tank so I could flush manually while getting the need repair part. This is not a classy or permanent fix, just something to get by. Next, I would either find a new handle locally or order one from Toto. I really don't know if a generic handle would fit or not, but it would be easy to find out. Just take the broken one with you and go shopping in plumbing shops.

Terry
11-22-2011, 03:56 PM
A generic made for the Eljer side mount may work.
Or you can pick up the Toto handle for around $20