4" PVC tee -- slip (street) ends all around

Users who are viewing this thread

tp85

Reaction score
Does this animal exist?

4" PVC tee wtih slip (street) connects at all three ends?

I have seen a hub/hub/slip 4" tee, but not a slip/slip/slip.

Trying to tee into a 4" septic line and I need to keep it as short as possible. By short I mean that I don't have clearance in the existing 4" line for a standard hub/hub/hub with short pieces of 4" PVC pipe (necessary for the Fernco couplers).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

tom

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tee

They are not made that way. You may have to go further back and also remove any fittings that are too close to allow the Fernco.

Last edited:

Finnegan

Reaction score
So it sounds like you want cut into an existing 4" waste line to run a branch line. You are asking for a tee, but you may actually want a wye. Also, in a perfect world you would want a tee or wye that has two slips and a hub on the inlet. Anyway, they do make the fitting you are looking for, just not in pvc. You should be able to find it in hubless cast iron. You should be able to to cut into the pvc line, drop in the hubless cast iron fitting and attach with sleeves made for hubless cast iron. All-rubber ferncos will work fine, but some places want you to use the kind with the steel band around it. You will have to go to a plumbing supply house for that hubless cast iron fitting.

tp85

Reaction score
thanks for all the tips. i'll get working on your suggestions.

my existing 4'" PVC is horizontal, and dropping a new 4" vertically down to it. would a tee or wye be best?

yeah, i could cut it back further to make room for the ferncos, but i'd have to rip open another wall...that is why i was looking for a nice compact solution.

Finnegan

Reaction score
You are not supposed to use a tee on its back for drainage. You should use a wye combo which is a wye with a 45 stree elle in the inlet. If you can picture it, this will get the waste going in the desired direction of flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks