Screws for door hinge

Users who are viewing this thread

CentralTXPreacher

Reaction score
I need some help in finding screws that will work on the door side of the door hinge. I bought new oil rubbed bronze hinges for my back door as we had remodeled the kitchen where the door is using that "color" for the lights and faucet. Upon buying them and going to put them on, I realized that the screws that go into the door are not wood screws but machine screws. The holes in the door look like they were threaded by the manufacturer. The screws that came with the hinges were all wood screws. From what I can tell from the screws that were in the old hing, I think they are 10-24 X 1/2. I need 12 of them in the oil brushed bronze. Does anyone know where I can get these? Neither Lowes nor Home Depot are of help. And I've googled and really haven't come up with anything. I have looked all over the door and can not find who the manufacturer is to contact them.

Thanks for any help given.

CentralTxPreacher

Last edited:

TJanak

Reaction score
Not exactly what you wanted but I had this same problem except I needed longer wood screws on an interior door to grab the stud and not just the door frame. Couldn't find oil rubbed bronze so I went with a black screw. I'm the only person who could ever tell the difference. Just an idea.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Double check the screws that came with the hinges. Often they are dual-purpose..they are tapered wood thread at the tip, but near the head are fine thread machine screw thread.

If you truly require just a flat head 10/24, andy hardware store will have that. Get some paint at a hobby store to touch up the color of the heads.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks