Toto Vespin II supply line fit confirmation

Users who are viewing this thread

magnumip

Reaction score
I would like to purchase a cst474cef(g) Vespin II skirted Toto.

My current bathroom specs are 14in rough-in

More importantly my supply line is 6in to left in wall and 5in off the floor.

I will use the unifit kit obviously, however I am more concerned about the supply line location. The wall is tiled in and relocating supply line would not be desirable. I could refit a dahl 1/4 mini ball valve if neccessary.

I have seen Terry Love's install picture here on the forum and cannot tell how far off the floor the Vespin II skirt extends? It would be great to know physically how high this skirt is? I cannot find a showroom to measure one in person and have called Toto tech support and they cannot tell me. Can anybody will a Vespin II confirm the skirt height? I have read Terry's reply saying that he has had enough room with 5 1/2 inch to the left? But what about the off the floor distance.

I am 5 inches off the floor? Will this work?

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Six inches to the left of center works for the Vespin II bowl
Seven inches was needed for the original C764SG Vespin bowl

5" from the floor is fine too.

You're good to go!

With a 14" rough, you can either use the 12" kit that comes with the bowl and have it out from the wall a bit,
or pick up the 14" kit and move the bowl closer to the wall by 2".

flange_03.jpg

Last edited:

magnumip

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!

I appreciate your reply Terry. I will go for it then.

I have been reading some interesting threads here. Cool forum.

I will post back once I get it in with results.

Thanks

magnumip

Reaction score
Toto Vespin II supply line confirmation: Update after install

Just a quick followup to my skirted Vespin II install.

First of all, I must note that my flooring is tile. I think it may be commercial grade. The most time consuming element of the install was drilling the pilot holes for anchors which affix the rear part of the Unifit kit. The holes must be pretty close to being the exact position. Not easy with strong ceramic tile. That being said, I really thought fitting the wax ring to Unifit kit really makes it easier to assure proper wax ring installation on the closet flange.

The supply line was really actually at 6.25 inches of center of closet flange and 5.5 inches high on the wall to the left. Using a standard quarter turn supply line valve, the fit was as tight I would have been comfortable with. With the valve open it was fine. Turning to the right to close, it almost touches the skirt.

With all that being said I don't think it would have worked clearance wise for supply line at anything less than 5.75 inches to the left even with a Dahl kit at 90 degrees. The more important clearance may be the height off the floor. The bowl skirt "tapers" toward the closet flange center at about 6.5 inches in height. If your supply line is that height or higher you could get away with sl valve closer 5.75 inches.

Hope this helps other water supply line head scratchers.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks