Hydronic water systems problems

Users who are viewing this thread

dwivey

Reaction score
I have a very weird problem in my forced hot water system with a propane furnace. One of the zones (of 6 including a boilermate water heater) makes a lot of noise like water hammer and clammering and vibration. This occurs very sporadically. But when this zone is calling for heat and the furnace is cycling. I get this tremendous noise. It only occurs when this zone is calling for heat and only occurs when the furnace is firing. I have bled the system a couple of times now by closing all valves in the system, opening the boiler feed, zone return and supply valves and running a hose off at the end of the zone water circuitin this particular zone. I still get what I think is air in the system. Can someone explain to me how air can get into the system? Could I have a faulty bleed valve? faulty expansion tank? What are the symptoms of such faulty devices? PLease help if you can...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks