Moving Toilet a few Feet

Users who are viewing this thread

JLMA

Reaction score
Hi there,

I researched the previous threads and had no luck in finding help with these questions I have.

I'm remodeling a condo and would like the main bathroom's toilet to be like 3 feet away from where it is right now.

Is that doable using conventional (not engine driven) fixtures? If so, what's needed? What;'s involved in making that possible?

Thanks a lot!

JLMA

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Without knowing HOW the pipes were installed to that toilet, and HOW the building is constructed under the floor, it is IMPOSSIBLE to answer the question. It could be easy, difficult, or IMPOSSIBLE, depending on the specific conditions.

JLMA

Reaction score
Thanks hj.

As I mentioned in the "a Kitchen into a Bathroom" thread, a contractor who just handled very nicely a serious remodeling project in a different condo unit with the same floor plan as mine in the same building said (when I asked him if the current kitchen could be turned into a bathroom [the current bathroom is right East of the Kitchen; the kitchen will be become a bathroom, the bathroom closet space]):
"<you will have to move the adjoining wall to the east so the toilet and tub drains can be utilized as they can not be moved>".

Apparently it is so bc the floor is concrete (and I assume the pipes/drains/tubes are embedded in it?). So I know the toilet drain will stay where it is now.

Now, the question I have is: can a toilet still be placed a few feet from the toilet-drain and some length of tube/pipe laid from toilet to drain?

Does any of this additional info help you figure out, nj, if my case falls into the EASY, DIFFICULT or IMPOSSIBLE categories?

Thanks,

JLMA

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
#1 You can not just run a pipe from the toilet to the drain. #2 Condos usually have very strict rules on what you can/can't do. Better get a handle on that. #3 If you find the condo association will allow changes, you should get a local plumber to make an on-site evaluation of the situation. It's often said that anything is possible if your pockets are deep enough. Obviously, the concrete floor will make this an expensive job at best.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks