Looking for 1990's Delta Faucet Handle

Users who are viewing this thread

LaurieB

Reaction score
Hi all! I have been searching everywhere for a solution to my problem and I ran across your forum. I am hoping someone can help.

I was replacing my bathroom fixtures recently and had a few problems getting new parts to fit into the spaces of the older parts without doing too much damage.
We remodeled the bathroom around 1993. We installed gold-tone Delta Fixtures in the tub and of course now that I want to replace the handle...nothing new fits. I do not want to tear out my tile as I absolutely still love the tile I put in there, it is unique white on white pattern and no one makes it any more. Any way I have been able to replace the showerhead and spout, but the handle and all hardware there seems to be different.

I am attaching a picture of what is currently in place. I am looking to buy the outer fixtures in a brushed chrome or nickel.
Anyone that has this type of faucet, please contact me! Thanks for your help.

Laurie

tub faucet2.jpg

Attachments

• tub faucet.jpg
    tub faucet.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,005

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Did you try calling Delta's customer service? It sounds like an easy request, but I guess so far for you it is not. Those finishes may not have been popular in the 90's (the brushed nickel), but they sure are now. As a very last resort, albeit an expensive one, you may be able to get that trim plate and handle refinished professionaly if you are so fond of them.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That shape handle was unique to the specialty finish valves. The normal one was a bit shorter and had a "knob" on the end. You can get the regular handle in chrome, but I do not think anyone makes one in any other finish, unless some third party manufacturer makes a retrofit kit for it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks