Studor Vent Help

Users who are viewing this thread

finn

Reaction score
I'm adding a dishwasher about ten feet directly across from my kitchen sink. Drain line is 1 1/2"

The drain line connection is no problem and I plan to use the proper slope to the main drain line. Per the advice of my plumber I'm adding a studor vent to this line as well.

Here's the issue: If installed within 18" of the trap, as told by my plumber, the vent would be unacessible for repair.

So, I called my plumbing inspector and he explained I could install the studor vent up to 48" inches from the trap. Is this okay?

Thanks for the info. I'm confused...

bigrebnc1861

Plumber
Reaction score
If your inspector said you could do it yes you can. As long as your studor vent is installed at the highest point looking up.

studor_grill.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
studor

finn said:
I'm adding a dishwasher about ten feet directly across from my kitchen sink. Drain line is 1 1/2"

The drain line connection is no problem and I plan to use the proper slope to the main drain line. Per the advice of my plumber I'm adding a studor vent to this line as well.

Here's the issue: If installed within 18" of the trap, as told by my plumber, the vent would be unacessible for repair.

So, I called my plumbing inspector and he explained I could install the studor vent up to 48" inches from the trap. Is this okay?

Thanks for the info. I'm confused...

The Studor vent is technically a "vent termination" so there should be no distance limitation. In fact some manufacturers recommend running all the vents normally, and then tying them together with a single Air admittance valve to eliminate the hole in the roof, except for the one required vent through the roof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks