PDA

View Full Version : The World's Ugliest Buildings

paulauster2011
10-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Longaberger Home Office, Newark, Ohio is considered as the first World's Ugliest Building.

The Ugly Truth:
True, the company purveys handcrafted baskets. And founder Dave Longabergerís dream headquarters was a replica of his favorite basket. But hey, Crate & Barrel employees donít schedule meetings in a 10-story sofa.

More Picture (http://tablelamps21.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/indoor-table-lamps-adding-life-to-your-interiors/)

hj
10-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey, I think some of Frank Lloyd Wright's buildings would qualify for an ugly building contest. I walked into a customer's home once and asked, "is this an FLW building" and she said, "Yes, how did you know?" I told her, "Because it does NOT have a single square corner in the house."

Cookie
10-15-2011, 05:22 PM
You ever see the one at Falling waters? I get woozy looking down. And, too shallow inside for me, too enclosed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallingwater

hj
10-18-2011, 01:07 PM
quote; You ever see the one at Falling waters

You mean the one that was falling apart and needed millions of dollars in repairs?

Cookie
10-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Oh, yeah that one HJ. It has or had at least from I know, a real leaking problem, it was nicknamed, the bucket house or something like that. It had a real mold problem, too. I hate mold. It had tons of buckets sitting around. I honestly, didn't think too much of the house. I really did not like it. The waterfall outside is beautiful though. You would love that. How nice it must be to wake up each morning to hearing & seeing that, that was nice. The house itself sucked. I didn't like the low ceilings at all, and didn't like the shape of the rooms either, I saw nothing of beauty in it. Just a whole bunch of concrete and what is so great about that. I like colors, character in woodwork, designs of warmth, something that says, " someone lives here" and you want to stay. I wanted to get out, lol.

DIYMan21
12-07-2011, 03:08 PM
That's a great point about FLW! Architecturally speaking, he's had many unique ideas. But does that make for comfortable living?