PDA

View Full Version : WOW, what a movie!

Cookie
10-04-2011, 05:23 PM
I never moved from this movie. But, I could never ever watch it twice because it is so unnerving I would need sedatives. :) Wow, it is based on fact and truth. What a life to live. The ending is incredible. This movie is NOT good for your health, I won't sleep tonite. It keeps you on the edge. It shows, their really is good in all people.

It is, The Pianist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pianist_(2002_film)

Cookie
10-09-2011, 03:13 PM
I am home sick. I have been home sick for a few days now. I got a sore throat and I can't ... eat anything and get it down. LOL. I took a Tylenol and it was stuck in there for a day, not helping the pain or the fever. So, I made a peanut butter sandwich thinking it would unstick it, then, while chewing it, I thought, " what if the sandwich gets stuck," I will become a skinny Mama Cass. Did that really happen to her? I hope not. She was a great singer.

I rented the movie, The Caller. Save your $! I want my money back. I am going to wait on the new movie, The Zookeeper.

... the pill plus, sandwich went down, :) but, the movie put me to sleep. It was really stupid.

Ian Gills
10-09-2011, 03:32 PM
The best movie in the entire world is an Italian movie (with English subtitles) called 'Life is Beautiful'.

America has also made some reasonably good movies like 'the Green Mile' and 'the Shawshank Redemption'.

http://youtu.be/0Y9aKqawdUQ

Cookie
10-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Yes, a friend bought me that movie. He was a great man to do what he did for his son. For anyone who hasn't seen it, and you don't mind crying, it is a definite must see. He was amazing.

Cookie
10-09-2011, 03:45 PM
life is beautiful Movie Synopsis
In 1939, Guido (Roberto Benigni) — an enchanting individual with childlike innocence and grand dreams of owning his own bookstore comes to the Tuscan town of Arezzo. He falls in love with Dora, a beautiful young schoolteacher (Nicoletta Braschi). Unfortunately, the woman he calls his “Princess” is already engaged. Worse, she is engaged to the local Fascist official with whom he has had a run-in. Guido, however, is not deterred and a fairy tale romance ensues.

Several years later Guido and Dora are married and have a son, and Guido has finally opened the bookshop of his dreams. But now, the occasional bigotries Guido once ignored have become Racial Laws with which he must come to terms. Throughout it all, he determines to shield his son from the brutal reality governing their lives. This determination becomes a matter of life and death when Guido and his son are sent to a concentration camp three months before the war’s end. Of her own accord, and out of her love for them, Dora deports herself on the same train.

Now, in this unimaginable world, Guido must use his bold imagination and every ounce of his indefatigable spirit to save those he loves.

Life is Beautiful received seven Academy Award nominations, winning three for Best Actor, Best Foreign Language Film and Best Original Dramatic Score.

Cookie
10-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I want to someday get married in Anzio. :)

Cookie
10-09-2011, 04:14 PM
I must drifted off on that thought... lol, while reading the menu for choice of movies, I can watch, either, HotTub Time Machine or The Hearse.

wow, I dont which to pick. I think reading Ian's corner will be better. :)

Cookie
10-09-2011, 04:16 PM
see, how funny, no one asks, 'why do you want to get married in Anzio?"

I figure, since it is a large battlefield, what better to get married. :)

Cookie
10-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Okay, I highly do not recommend this movie, called, Splice. Why am I watching this? YIKES...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splice_(film)

Cookie
10-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Bob, I watched the Zookeeper! It was hysterical. I wanted to date the gorilla. :) He was so sweet.... and, he danced... :)

Also, watched, Horrible Bosses, that was funny, too. One of my bosses is on it. :)

Now, I rented through Redbox, Soul Surfer... will let you know later about this one.

Cookie
10-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Soul Surfer is a tear jerker. Wow. But, this girl has so much determination and happiness in her heart it is contagious. Worth seeing.

BobL43
10-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Bob, I watched the Zookeeper! It was hysterical. I wanted to date the gorilla. :) He was so sweet.... and, he danced... :)

Also, watched, Horrible Bosses, that was funny, too. One of my bosses is on it. :)

Now, I rented through Redbox, Soul Surfer... will let you know later about this one.

Grandkids slept over Sat night, and we watched Zookeeper On Demand. It was funny, but one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. Actually fell asleep on it. Took the kiddies out to TGI Fridays. They emailed me a "Jump the line Pass", something new they have. Gave it to the hostess, and was whisked away to a table. I did not turn around to see any angry faces from others in the packed lobby, but I was uncomfortable (a little). I really didn't think the pass would be honored when I presented it. The kids like Fridays and Applebees.

Cookie
10-21-2011, 11:01 AM
I think I will rent a movie today, got a good one to recommend... Forget that, I think, I will buy a book, called, Promise Me.

Promise Me: How a Sister's Love Launched the Global Movement to End Breast Cancer
by Nancy G. Brinker

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Promise-Me/Nancy-G-Brinker/e/9780307718129/

ballvalve
10-21-2011, 08:25 PM
The best movie in the entire world is an Italian movie (with English subtitles) called 'Life is Beautiful'.

America has also made some reasonably good movies like 'the Green Mile' and 'the Shawshank Redemption'.

http://youtu.be/0Y9aKqawdUQ

DEFIANCE - one of the all time great true stories, very fair to the 2 or 3 books written on the subject of the only viable Jewish resistance in nowadays Belarus, then Poland. Read the book first or you might not believe it at all.

And don't forget Love and Death and Annie Hall by Woody Allen, amongst many others - including his latest set in England.

Shawshank is an all time great, but if you have a 6 year old son, its too hard to watch life is beautiful more than once.

Cookie
10-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Shawshank is one of my son's favorite. I loved Annie Hall.

Cookie
12-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Alright, I got another movie for you. This one is another tearjerker but, wonderfully made and, will make you, "not ever forget."

Sarah's Key.

"Sometimes our own stories are the ones we can never tell, but if the story is never told it becomes something else, forgotten...and, when a story is told, it becomes something else, it is not forgotten, the memory of who we were, the hope of what we can become."

Cookie
12-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Here are 2 movies which are must-sees for those who want a really good chuckle.

One is an oldie with Cary Grant & Katherine Hepburn, they are great in it together, and it doesn't matter how many times I see it, I crack-up.

Bringing up Baby...
Made in 1938

The other is a new one, with Jim Carey,
Mr. Popper's Penguins! Very funny.

Now, I want a penguin. Will add it to the Xmas list. :)

ballvalve
12-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Watch the 'Bielski brothers' and report back.

Cookie
12-18-2011, 06:39 AM
I will do that. I am on my way to work now, lol.

BobL43
12-18-2011, 07:55 AM
I will do that. I am on my way to work now, lol.I liked the post before you edited it Cookie!:p

Cookie
12-18-2011, 04:31 PM
ha ha ha ha, boy you are quick!
Yeah, it was like a "bad" movie.

poof! :)

BobL43
12-18-2011, 07:34 PM
ha ha ha ha, boy you are quick!
Yeah, it was like a "bad" movie.

poof! :)don't give me too much credit; When you posted it, I got an email from terrylove with the first few sentences of each message, which in your very brief message this time was the complete message. I delete all those emails anyway

Cookie
12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
huh? :) I am lost, sorry. That is okay... You do realize that I was just joking with you being fast?

I was talking about my part time job being like a bad movie, :(

Yes, mine deletes upon closing, too. Mostly, mine are from work and being I work 3 different jobs, and take classes I have to.

By the way, Bob, Terry, I was offered through 2 different places actually, for doing home inspections full-time. I will decide after the New Year. Unsure, yet. It all depends on the $.

Cookie
12-18-2011, 08:28 PM
By the way, here is a movie I watched tonite, which was pretty funny at times, Hall Pass. Not a real family movie though. Christina Applegate plays in it.

BobL43
12-19-2011, 03:44 AM
huh? :) I am lost, sorry. That is okay... You do realize that I was just joking with you being fast?

I was talking about my part time job being like a bad movie, :(

Yes, mine deletes upon closing, too. Mostly, mine are from work and being I work 3 different jobs, and take classes I have to.

By the way, Bob, Terry, I was offered through 2 different places actually, for doing home inspections full-time. I will decide after the New Year. Unsure, yet. It all depends on the $.

Yes, but I am somewhat fast, some call it half-fast!

If your last name were Holmes you could call your inspections "........" Nah, Mike has a TV show by that name and its © Good luck on that, and try to keep your face on;) ( :confused: lol)

Cookie
12-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Here is another good movie, one of my favorite, I bet Terry likes this one, ( it has skiiing in it) Dumb and Dumber. Ever see this one?

Cookie
12-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Yet, this one can't be easily beaten,
made in 1979, The Jerk, with Steve Martin. I frequently, think of that movie.

Ever see that one?

I love this quote from it:
~ For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.~

BobL43
12-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Here is another good movie, one of my favorite, I bet Terry likes this one, ( it has skiiing in it) Dumb and Dumber. Ever see this one?The only Jim Carrey movie I liked was the Mask. After that, I can't stand him. To me, he tries to be like Jerry Lewis on the old TV show with Dean Martin, but is a poor imitation; my 2 cents. Maybe I lost my taste for that idiocy, even in these tough times.

Cookie
12-19-2011, 09:57 AM
I have had better favorite actors, but I also, found his movie, Liar, Liar, funny. I never cared much for Jewis Lewis, his voice was annoying, I never found him very funny either.

Cookie
12-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Wow, watch the movie, A Dolphins Tale...
http://www.seewinter.com/

encourage your kids to see it.

Cookie
01-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Here is an oldie but goodie,

The Vines have tender grapes. Get the tissues ready.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037963/

Cookie
02-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Watch & cry, & laugh at your own risk.
50/50

I was able to relate to a few things in it... quite easily. Too easily.

BobL43
02-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Wow, watch the movie, A Dolphins Tale...
http://www.seewinter.com/

encourage your kids to see it.

I saw it, I liked it :-)

Cookie
02-03-2012, 07:11 AM
I liked that movie, too. Question: do dolphins eat people? lol. :)

BobL43
02-03-2012, 08:39 AM
I liked that movie, too. Question: do dolphins eat people? lol. :)

No, dolphins love people (with or without ketchup) [just kidding], but SOME people DO eat dolphins:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_Japanese_people_eat_dogs_and_dolphins

I had to look for this, cause I dinno.

Cookie
02-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Shucks. lol.

but, now, I watched another movie, another tear jerker, but, i believe it is a good movie, even if, on the religious side. Called, Courageous.

One part in it, reminded me of me... a man, a cop in the movie, didn't dance with his girl, his daughter, but, then, after she passes away from a drunk driver he goes and dances with her, saying, he is doing his side... oh, boy... i had to leave the room.

Ever since my husband's death, 7 years ago now, I still reach over to the passenger seat, while driving, and tell him to hold my hand. And, I talk to him, telling him everything about my life, the kids, the cats, everything. And, he hasn't changed, he still thinks I can talk the legs off of a chair, lol.

It is comforting, but, I wonder what the people think, at redlights, lol :)

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/courageous/

Cookie
02-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I did see another movie, called the Abduction. It was good at first, then, kind of got weird, then, good again.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/abduction-2011/

Cookie
02-03-2012, 07:09 PM
But, a movie, called 50/50 is one that I really related to. Obviously, for those who know of me. It is funny, sad, funny, sad, but, then, has a great happy ending...

http://www.50-50themovie.com/

Back in 98, I was told I would lose my hair. It didn't matter to me, I just didn't want to lose my life, I figured that is what hats are for. Forget the wigs, nah, not for me, nothing fake, I am the real deal. No fake nails, nah. No fake hair either. Or fake boobs. :)

But, I sat with a girl, also, with Lymphoma, who was on the same drugs, and she was losing her hair, and I wasn't.

I was born with alot of hair, and so it just thinned a bit, like the day I was standing outside with coworkers, they were smoking & drinking their coffees, needless, to say, I was just drinking a coffee... and, then, it happened. A big breeze and blew, long pieces of hair into everyone's cup.

No big thing. It was funny. :)

I left my hair grow, and it grew down to my waist, ON chemo! Debbie, the girl I was sitting with, did everything, to spare hers, dry shampoos, ice caps, insisting, I was doing something and wouldn't tell her...

She stopped speaking to me. I felt horrible, imagine that, chemo patients not talking, lol. So, I made friends with Neil, who sold insurance, and together we shot with our fingers, lemon drops across the room, out the hallway, and scored points when we hit the toilet or sink... lol, until, we were caught by Cathy, the chemo nurse and took away our fun.

So, if you have the courage, if you want to laugh at sometimes, very sad things, I recommend the movie 50/50. You will be entering into my world at your own risk. :)

...and, the why to why I didn't lose it all on my head, only God knows. I had one person who actually, believed, I didn't have cancer because I didn't go bald, lol, and another who said, " i would rather lose my hair, how do you know it is working?" Like, I um, had a choice in what my hair follicles does. :)

Cookie
02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Someday, I want a column in a major newspaper called, You got to love people...

( or their ignorance) :)

Cookie
02-04-2012, 06:40 AM
Any recommendations for a good movie for tonite? Can be anything funny or drama. :)

Cookie
02-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Okay, here is another good movie, a little offbeat, but, good, American Splendor. The life of Harvey Pekar.

Cookie
02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Or, here is another, but, warning, it is a chick flick, named, PS. I love you...

Cookie
04-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Okay, got a new movie! It is about buying a zoo! Called, We bought a ZOO.
http://www.movieinsider.com/m5838/we-bought-a-zoo/

I need a couple hundred thousand, cause now I want to buy a zoo... :) Wait! I work in a zoo. ha ha ha .

Here is a link to the Zoo, which I would love to see someday,
http://www.dartmoorzoo.org/

Cookie
04-14-2012, 07:45 PM
This movie won't be for everyone, but, it is a brillant movie, with some bad reviews because I think, it is not a one-size fits all movie, but, if it fits, & if you can relate to something in it, as I did, you will think it is brillant and worth watching, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close with Thomas Horn, Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock.

Sam Woth
04-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Cookie if you want to see a real tearjerker rent - The Notebook

Cookie
04-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Yes, I saw that... and I did cry, boy did I cry. Great movie. I liked him in the Rockford Files.

Cookie
04-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Chad, did you ever see, Hearts in Atlantis? Yikes, if you hadn't try to catch it. I didn't see it from the start so, I do not know who are what the " low" men are, or supposed to be, so, will have to read the book, by Stephen King. Love, Stephen King by the way. What a movie. I should be working. :)

Cookie
04-22-2012, 03:06 PM
My Cousin Vinny, boy, that movie is just too funny! Such great acting. I love... this one part where, he stomps his feet imitating his girlfriend, saying, about her biological clock, lol. Also, the part where he comes into court to please the judge, wearing what looks like a monkey grinders suit for a circus.

Chad Schloss
04-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Chad, did you ever see, Hearts in Atlantis? Yikes, if you hadn't try to catch it. I didn't see it from the start so, I do not know who are what the " low" men are, or supposed to be, so, will have to read the book, by Stephen King. Love, Stephen King by the way. What a movie. I should be working. :)

are you asking me, cookie? if so, i don't remember seeing that one. I will have to see if i can get it on netflix :)

Cookie
04-22-2012, 04:09 PM
I would like to read the book, I met King once, really neat guy. That movie is pretty good. I put the pics on the wrong thread, LOL, I was showing you what 108, and 118 looks like on a 5'3 gal. Wasn't he handsome? :)

I never leave pics on long, lol.

Chad Schloss
04-22-2012, 05:29 PM
"whistle" :) Yep, she looks about your size there.

Cookie
04-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks. :)

Cookie
04-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Funny movie to see, Three Stooges, good for those who need to laugh, or The Iron Lady, I think, it was called, for those who need to develop a backbone.

Cookie
06-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I can't remember if I mentioned this movie before or not, but, Mr. Popper's Penguins, boy, it is pretty funny. I laughed and cried at the end when the Captain was able to fly. Great movie especially, for the kids, and those who are a kid at heart. Jim Carrey is great in it.

Cookie
06-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Okay, who is watching the Mini-series of the Hatfields & The McCoys (http://www.history.com/shows/hatfields-and-mccoys)? Dunbar is I bet, :) I think, it is mostly, located in Virginia & Kentucky.

This did get some pretty good reviews. I got to admit, it is hard to keep track of who is a Hatfield and who is a McCoy at times.

BobL43
06-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Okay, who is watching the Mini-series of the Hatfields & The McCoys? Dunbar is I bet, :) I think, it is mostly, located in Virginia & Kentucky.

This did get some pretty good reviews. I got to admit, it is hard to keep track of who is a Hatfield and who is a McCoy at times.

Cookie, that's because they're all intermarried these days

Cookie
06-07-2012, 07:51 PM
I fell asleep and now, I have no idea how it ended, I hate that! :) Now, I will have to wait on it to come back on, again, to see if he marries Rosanna...

Terry
06-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Keven Costner will be in the movie version. Hatfields and McCoys. How is the mini-series doing?

ballvalve
06-08-2012, 10:49 AM
At least no one has put a Brad Pitt movie in here.

I was building a big backyard and concrete spa in Hollywood, and Brad Pit was my hoddie and hole digger for a few weeks - was my brothers houseboy. [better not go there] Never met such a slow going phony in my life. Just wish I could find the pictures with him and a shovel. I doubt he's using his shovel except to move his gold eagles in the basement now.

Cookie
06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
What a feud! I am shocked both families are not wiped out. I missed the beginning so I have no idea what really started it or who. Does anyone know?

Cookie
06-08-2012, 07:09 PM
At least no one has put a Brad Pitt movie in here.

I was building a big backyard and concrete spa in Hollywood, and Brad Pit was my hoddie and hole digger for a few weeks - was my brothers houseboy. [better not go there] Never met such a slow going phony in my life. Just wish I could find the pictures with him and a shovel. I doubt he's using his shovel except to move his gold eagles in the basement now.

The Assassination of Jesse James was pretty interesting. I spent some time in MO, and saw the James Farm, and the graves. See if you can find the pics they would be interesting to see, if you can. At the farm, they reenacted the night when the Pinkerton's by horses, had thrown the fire bomb into the farm, injuring their mom, and killing little Archie, if I remember right. I was mugged in MO, at a McDonalds.

Cookie
06-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Good movie= George of the Jungle. Really funny! ( made in 1997)

BobL43
06-09-2012, 06:59 AM
What a feud! I am shocked both families are not wiped out. I missed the beginning so I have no idea what really started it or who. Does anyone know?No, really Cookie, the Hatfields and McCoys are at peace today, and they have married into each other's family. It all started when they thought it was intentional poisoning that was killing off family members, but it was later found out that they had settled on land that was used for copper mining or something and the groundwater was poisoned by ther metals. Believe it or not, a recent episode of the TV show "Bones" was based on their story.Bones is one of my favorite TV shows. Can't wait till the new season starts
http://www.tv.com/shows/bones/the-family-in-the-feud-2389317/

Cookie
06-09-2012, 08:09 AM
I didn't know that. That was one huge battle between the families, kind of makes my family pales in comparison. :) I will have to try to catch, Bones.

Cookie
06-22-2012, 02:26 PM
The Doctor.
The book, A taste of my own medicine.

Cookie
07-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Watched a movie on HBO tonite called, Roomates. Peter Falk played in it, good movie, but a tear-jerker. Your wives will love it.... you will hate it, lol. FIlmed in Pittsburgh, lots of filmage of the city was neat to see.

Cookie
07-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Here is a movie that will catch your attention. Made in 1995, with Jeff Goldblum, called, The Powder. Made me think of my high school days when, they thought I had cheated on an IQ test; and, LOL and, I had to do it again. Oh, the humanity.

It is a good movie. Well written, directed, and acting is superb. Story line is very different and interesting. I recommend it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder_(film)

Powder is a 1995 film directed by Victor Salva, about a boy, nicknamed "Powder," with incredible intellect, telepathy, and paranormal powers. It stars Sean Patrick Flanery in the title role, with Jeff Goldblum, Mary Steenburgen, Bradford Tatum, Lance Henriksen, and Brandon Smith in supporting roles. The film questions the limits of the human mind and body while also displaying our capacity for cruelty; it raises hope that humanity will advance to a state of better understanding.

Cookie
07-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Alright, if that movie didn't float your boat I got another. How ironic that I was asked to go rock climbing just yesterday at the Laurel Highlands, and here I am watching, a movie, which if my broken finger didn't influence my decision, this movie certainly, did. The Canyon.

As usual, I didn't see the beginning but, I can tell you the middle & ending will have you gripping onto your seat.

Cookie
07-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Now, if that movie doesn't satisfy you or meet your needs there is another one, actually, which takes place in Terry's neck of the woods. Seattle. It is called, Sleepless in Seattle. It is a sad movie with a happy ending. Shows lots of places in Seattle for those who haven't seen Seattle. Like me. There is a fish market there I would love to see along with the Space Needle. How ironic it was the last place my husband traveled to, did business in, and, I was supposed to go too, but, work prevailed. He really liked Seattle.

Now, I have seen this movie many times, and for those of you who have not, I would recommend it. Sad, but, if anyone lost their spouse like I did, it gives a small inspiration, a small hope, that you will find that certain someone again for a second chance of love and happiness. Magic, you will find magic.

Watch this movie, this chick flick, with a pizza, a pop, and a box of tissues.

Cookie
07-15-2012, 05:21 PM
If you got a hour and some to spare and don't care wasting some of it, watch the movie, Basic with John Travolta. It is so twisty and confusing, it holds your attention because you just want to see what "twist" comes next. I won't watch it again, I am feeling dizzy. :)

Cookie
07-17-2012, 09:51 AM
If you are an older person, let's say my age, what age is that? Well, if you are in your 50's or 60's, this movie is for you.
About Schmidt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/About_Schmidt

It makes me want to buy an RV and drive around it just to bug the insensitive people in this world. Great movie. :) Some offensive nudity shots, lol.

Cookie
07-17-2012, 02:55 PM
In the movie, Hachi: A Dog's Tale, it shows that animals do grieve. I met with that when Tim died with his Bob the Cat. Bob stopped eating and drinking. How he knew this time was different than so many other times, the trips for months he would gone, even overseas, I don't know, but, Bob knew. He would sit on the window sill at 5 and wait. Then, he went to his box, and wouldn't come out. I was going to start him on IV's when, this one day, I was holding my husband's wallet, and decided for some reason to put it under his nose. There his eyes opened up, his ears stood up, and I put his wallet under Bob's pillow. And, there it stayed for the next 2 years. He fell asleep with it every night. Bob and I had a talk, and, I told him, I missed him too. Together Tim's cat, Bob & I sat. Bob turned 24 in January. I guess you could say he is my Hachi.

This movie is based on fact a real dog named Hachi, who waited on his buddy for 9 years at the train station, until, his death in 1934.

I take care of Tim's cat for him. But, I can tell the difference in him to this day. He still looks and waits and listens for his voice. I went to Aldi's today and got him a new box and he showed little interest in it.

If you haven't seen the movie, and you love animals, and don't mind crying a bit, it is a great movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachi

Cookie
07-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Alright, another sleepless night and instead of watching, the acclaimed, Sleepless in Seattle, I watched another surprisingly, good movie. The People Vs. Larry Fylnt. It is an older movie, made in 1996. Woody Harrleson from Cheers is really good in it. Did it make me want to go out and buy a Hustler? Nah... lol. but, the guy certainly, had or has an interesting life. Would I watch it again? I will pass, but, it was interesting to see once. Recommended movie to see on my list.

Cookie
07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
YIKES. If you want to watch a movie where you won't move even if the house is burning down, catch, Stephen King's, Bag of Bones.
http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/arts/television/stephen-kings-bag-of-bones-on-ae-review.html

Cookie
08-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Another good movie to watch. Jumping the Broom, definitely, a chick flick with a 4 star rating from most reviews. Why do I watch these movies and then, sit and cry? Oh... I am a chick. :) A good movie to bring home for movie night.

Waiting for, The Sessions, in October.

Cookie
08-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Now, for those of you who want a change in a movie, going from the funny to the kooky, this is my all-time favorite! Patch Adams.
Now, for those of who never heard of this great man, you really missed something. He was considered in medical school to be, " excessively happy!" They tried to stop him from graduating. The school, ends up applauding him, and said, " he carries a flame that spreads like a brushfire" and, hopes, that this " excessive happiness" will spread to all others.

Summary of the movie:

Hunter Adams is a troubled man who, in 1969, voluntarily commits himself to a mental institution. Depression. Once there, he finds that helping his fellow inmates gives his life new purpose. Inspired, he leaves the asylum and vows to become a doctor to help people professionally. However, what he finds at medical school is a sickeningly callous philosophy that advocates an arm's-length attitude toward patients and does not address their emotional needs or the quality of their lives. "Patch" Adams is determined to find a better way to help them, although the consequences of his defiance of the rules and the authorities are severe.

I watch it everytime it comes on tv, you can order it here:
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=patch%20adams%20movie&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apatch%20adams%20movie

http://patchadams.org/
Fantastic compassionate man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqGA1ldvYE

Cookie
09-01-2012, 06:07 AM
Think like a Man.

Anyone see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxTN4eX4Vss

Cookie
09-08-2012, 12:52 PM
You got to watch this movie from 2003. First time viewer here of the wonderful movie, The Big Fish.
I loved this movie. :) The movie is amazing. I want to see it again... and, like him, I want to become immortal.

Hj, you will love it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USMtx8meg4I

Cookie
11-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Home sick again, with Shingles. :( But, getting better, so, last day home to just watch movies, :) I am starting to watch what I think, might be, a pretty good movie. Louis Gossett Jr, & Teri Hatcher are playing in it. The Momentum, made in 2003.

Cookie
11-06-2012, 10:53 AM
What a wash out! It at least gave me some much needed sleep. Good thing it was on tv, and I didn't pay for it. Wait! I did pay for it, I pay for cable! I want my money back.

Next up: Confessions of a Go-Go Girl. Now, I really want my money back. :)

Cookie
11-16-2012, 07:37 PM
WOW... this movie will scare you to pieces, Since, it is based on a true experience, it ain't even funny, very sad & unfortunate. I never expected the ending.

Talhotblond.
http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/talhotblond/about

( I would have to be, Verticallychallengedlukewarmchemored ) :)

Cookie
11-21-2012, 05:21 AM
Now, with the Xmas season coming 'bout, don't forget to watch, Scrooge! A classic.

Terry
11-29-2012, 11:47 AM
http://thelincolnmovie.com/

I enjoyed this movie. Lincoln seemed to be a story teller, much of the time getting his listeners to push the boundaries and think outside the box. Lot's of zingers in there too. It's nice to have an old time movie where the words matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSAbAuLhqs

Cookie
11-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Yes, I want to see that movie, too. But, did you read where, he dumped one woman he never met, because when he did finally, meet her, she was overweight? Only to marry, one a tadbit skinnier but, a whole lot mentally unstable? lol.

Terry
11-29-2012, 12:07 PM
He might have been "Thinking like a man".
It happens!

Terry
05-04-2013, 08:37 PM
We saw 42 the movie about Jackie Robinson and really enjoyed it. It was a touching, funny and inspirational movie.
I would give it a five out of five.
Fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9RHqdZDCF0

Terry
11-10-2013, 03:23 PM
http://www.iamthedoc.com/

From the director of BRUCE ALMIGHTY, THE NUTTY PROFESSOR and ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE comes something completely different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAwIzT8cBSA

I wound up seeing this on Netflicks. It's a little Einstein, a little about the field, and a little bit philosophy. Or maybe merging science and philosophy. Good exercise for the mind.

Terry
11-29-2013, 05:16 PM
http://www.dreamworksstudios.com/films/delivery-man

From DreamWorks Pictures comes “Delivery Man,”the story of affable underachiever David Wozniak (Vince Vaughn), whose mundane life gets twisted in a knot when he finds out that he fathered 533 children via sperm donations he made twenty years earlier.

I enjoyed this film. There were many times during the movie that made me misty eyed. It was not slapstick, but serious adult issues, a middle aged man growing with changes and accepting responsiblities.
I laughed, I cried, I cheered.
A feel good movie about how things can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tfsiz79yJg

Terry
12-20-2013, 01:51 PM
IIn this much-needed critique of Big Pharma (narrated by William Hurt), activists and intellectuals expose how Western pharmaceutical companies, in pursuit of higher profits, systematically block access to life-saving AIDS drugs in the global south.

Since 1996, drug companies have abused patent laws to prohibit the sale of affordable generic drugs, leading to the unnecessary deaths of millions of people in developing countries. Fire in the Blood documents the inspiring work and impressive headway activist groups have made in the struggle against these corporate practices, and interviewees like Bill Clinton, Bishop Desmond Tutu and New York Times journalist Donald G. McNeil Jr. all share insights about the need to keep to fighting.

(Dylan Mohan Gray, United Kingdom/India, 2013, 87 min)

Sponsored by the Western Regional International Health Conference, organized by the Global Health Resource Center at the University of Washington

Special introduction from James Love (http://www.keionline.org/blog/jamie), Director of Knowledge Ecology International!

Saturday, Jan 18 at 07:00PM (http://nwfilmforum.org/live/page/calendar/2950)
Seattle WA
fireintheblood.com (http://fireintheblood.com/)