Shower drain grates

Users who are viewing this thread

justin76

Reaction score
Recently I installed a shower drain grate/basket to prevent hair from clogging my drain pipes. My wife has complained ever since as her hair now plugs the grate causing her to have to remove the hair several times during her shower. Prioir to the grate the pipes would plug off causing me to have to plunger the drain on a regular basis. She thinks I should remove the grate as not only is it causing her to clean the hair out while she's showering she also says it causes soap scum to build up as the water tends to stand when she gets out. I've told her to ensure she cleans the grate before, during and after she is done showering but she seems to think this is to much. Does anybody have advice on different grates/baskets mine sits in the drain hole.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Obviously you have a hair problem if it clogs while she is using the shower. Changing, or removing, the grate is not going to make it go away. All it will do is "move it" somewhere else, which is why your drain line clogged when you did not have the strainer. The only solution for your problem, if you cannot live with it is to tell her "Bald is beautiful".

justin76

Reaction score
Thanks now I can show her you reply & the that its a fact the grate is the better option over letting the pipes clog up!!:D I think a shaved head and a wig could be the other option!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Maybe if she brushed her hair before she showered...there'd be less to fall out while showering.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks