View Full Version : any help would be appreciated on Valley shower faucet

10-03-2011, 05:42 AM
I want to change my shower faucet which the acrylic handle broke, so I want to change it all without touching the welded shower valve, anyone have an idea of the model the picture i included is?
Are they standard valves and all I need replacing is the mechanism.? I.m no pro but have changed quite a few regular faucets,this is for me is a newbie....


10-03-2011, 05:58 AM
It is a Valley faucet, and since it is out of production, you are limited to whatever third party parts you an find. Home Depot has the cartridge and handle, (it looks like your handle was not the original one), and possibly replacement trim rings.

10-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Thanks will look into it,

10-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Well Hj your were right it is an outdated valley faucet, I want to buy a new Moen or delta single lever faucet ,in attached pic of the valley faucet can you plz tell me if I can place A moen faucet from the point to which I outlined, I dont want to go behind the ceramique and change the welded valley single controler.

again thanks for your responses

amateur plumber

10-03-2011, 12:17 PM
unfortunately, the anwer is NO!

12-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Once you remove the handle, how does the next piece come off? Is it threaded?

12-16-2011, 06:44 PM
I think, but am not sure, that part #24 unscrews. Now, whether you'd be able to get it off or not is another question. Once they get that old, they often become 'one' with the body. On some of those valves, if you twist too much, you can bend and or break the pipes going to it...this can be a big hassle. Assuming you can get a new piece, then a hacksaw carefully used can make a slot (don't go deep enough to affect the body threads), and then split and pry the thing off.

To change the whole thing out, if you don't have access from behind, then you, or a plumber can do it from the tub/shower side by making a larger hole. Each company (pretty much, and they're often interchangeable, but check first) makes a remodel or renovation plate. It would fit over the larger hole, then the 'normal' trim would fit on top of that.

12-17-2011, 06:22 AM
So you can sometimes replace the whole faucet without cutting a back access hole?

12-17-2011, 07:45 AM
It depends on HOW the old one is attached to the piping. I doubt that a Valley faucet has the "short" connections necessary to work through the opening in the wall. The "remodel plates" are NOT that attractive, so I sometimes either use a Delta faucet with an oversize backup ring, such as RP34359xx rotated 90 degrees so the "wings" cover the wider hole, or the "X" shaped one from an earlier series.