dishwasher problem - water coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

arrow

Reaction score
We are not using the dishwasher a lot. After a month or more, I opened the dishwasher and found that water was filled up in the bottom of the dishwasher. Actually it overflowed to the floor. We moved in four months ago. We have used it three or four times and every time we found water in the botom but was not much. What would be the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Inside the dishwasher at the bottom is a food screen that can plug check this first.

arrow

Reaction score
Thanks, CASS. When it finish the operation, I don't see that much water. But after a while not using it, like today- actually first time- I saw a lot of water filled that overflows to floor even I did not run. And there is quite odd smell. At the summer I thought it is just because of the hot weather. But I still smell it. What do you think the reason of those?

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
question

do you have an air gap [plastic vent, on counter ,of faucet base] or is the drain hose looped up to the bottom of counter ALL THE WAY?
do you have a garbage disposal? some times the plastic plug is not knocked out at the hose disposal end by the installer! water can't drain

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks