Kohler Rialto flush gasket issue

Users who are viewing this thread

bhinda8

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the flush valve gasket in a Kohler Rialto toilet. I was able to get the old gasket off relatively easy.But I'm having a hard time turning the plastic piece (not sure what to call it-flapper assembly/flush valve?) with the new gasket.I can't get any leverage and I don't want to break it using channel lock pliers.It only needs about an eighth turn but I'm not getting anywhere.Any tips would be appreciated.

bhinda8

Reaction score
Thanks for your response.That was a suggestion Kohler support provided and I had tried that without success.I just couldn't get a good enough grip to turn it.I did find a solution however.I applied a pure silicon lubricant to the gasket side that that touches the porcelain, the three plastic teeth and the part of the flange that the teeth slide over.I was able to turn it relatively easy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks