PDA

View Full Version : New Tub Filler

drtedave
11-13-2004, 08:57 AM
I have a 6' Jacuzzi tub with builder’s Delta Tub filler. I have a desire to change out the filler - ideally I would like to convert the present filler (two handles [hot & cold] and a spout) with a spout handle and hand shower.

Since the access to the faucet is extremely limited I don’t think that I can replace the entire unit. Therefore I think my options are limited. Is it imposible to replace these part to get the configuration I am looking for?

I think I can only replace the items that are outside of the tub. Does this mean I can only look at Delta?

The spout is removable and the handles are as well. Can I at least upgrade them to a nicer set? I am having trouble identifying and locating products that could be used to replace these parts. If I can not have the desired configuration I would at least like to replace the fixtures with something a little more appealing. Any ideas on where I might find the proper parts?

Terry
11-13-2004, 10:42 AM
The builder Roman Faucet by Delta (http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal/Home) can be trimmed many ways. I can't make their web site work, so I have to refer to their paper catalog.
Anyway, the answer is yes to new handles and spout, there are many choices that fit the standard Delta valves.

Adding a personal spray will be hard without cutting below the deck and adding a diverter valve.

jimbo
11-13-2004, 01:48 PM
For some reason I too could not get the Delta website to bring up the specs pages. But in general Delta uses a small number of different "bases" or rough-ins. There is probably a wide range of replacement trims which would work for you ( different styles and finishes). The diverter for a hand held is going to be a problem.

As to your basic question, do you have to get Delta trim? Well, you can't take a door off your Ford and expect it to fit on your Chevy. And expecting faucet parts from one manufacturer to fit anothers model is in the same category.

drtedave
11-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Thanks very much for the answers. It does sound as though I have options but I still have no way of knowing what the options are because of the difficulty with the web site. I am curious if you (Terry) carry the trim pieces from Delta?

I am tinking that I should call the company and ask for a copy of the hard copy catalog pick a product out and then order it from Terry. Does this sound like a reasonable plan of action? Will all trim pieces from Delta fit on the valves already installed or must I be carefull to look for a particular matching characteristic?

Thanks again for the help to both Jimbo & Terry! :D

jimbo
11-13-2004, 04:50 PM
From the website pictures you may be able to identify the model you now have. Then, the catalog will be able to tell you what trims are interchangeable. Is there a good plumbing supply house or showroom nearby? They would have catalogs.