PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand circumcision surgery in America

Ian Gills
08-18-2011, 05:19 PM
This is probably a little fine line with the mods but any European that has a boy child here in America had best beware.

In Europe, circumcision is reserved for those few of the faith, typically Jews.

In America, they're all at it!

I say keep the skin. Or let the boy decide for himself someday.

It's crazy here!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalence_at_Coun try_Level.png/800px-Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalence_at_Coun try_Level.png

SteveW
08-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Ian,
Finally something that I agree with you about!

I think this is one of those "We've always done it, so we should keep doing it" kind of things - not really done thoughtfully as a society for medical or religious reasons but "just because."

SacCity
08-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Two points,
From the American girls I've talked to,
Here in the states you are much more likely to recieve oral sex if your circumcized.

Second, being circumcized there is a reduced risk of catching AIDs. But this is information gained after the fact,
Michael

BobL43
08-19-2011, 03:48 AM
:DDid you know that NYC fire hydrants are styled that way?

Tom Sawyer
08-19-2011, 04:12 AM
The practice began during WWI when thousands of soldiers were exposed to venerial desease. It was thought that circumcision would make cleaning and treating the area easier. The practice stuck. Though still common it is no longer done automatically at birth anymore and the parents have to request it now.

SteveW
08-19-2011, 05:19 AM
The practice began during WWI when thousands of soldiers were exposed to venerial desease. It was thought that circumcision would make cleaning and treating the area easier. The practice stuck. Though still common it is no longer done automatically at birth anymore and the parents have to request it now.

Consent from parents has always been a requirement, but it really depends on how the doctor asks the question. Now there is more of an attempt to actually have parents weigh the risks vs the benefits than in days gone by.

LOTW
08-19-2011, 09:33 AM
This is probably a little fine line with the mods but any European that has a boy child here in America had best beware.

In Europe, circumcision is reserved for those few of the faith, typically Jews.
In America, they're all at it!
I say keep the skin. Or let the boy decide for himself someday.
It's crazy here!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalence_at_Coun try_Level.png/800px-Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalence_at_Coun try_Level.png

It is simple Ian. If its unnecessary, gets in the way, and serves no useful purpose, we cut it. Just like taxes.

Cookie
08-19-2011, 10:02 AM
it is just a simple little ... whack... Ian. You won't even miss it. Just don't distract them.

:)

ballvalve
08-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Best reason not to be circumsized is in case an arab nut case hi-jacks your plane, or for the upcoming ww3 in the mid east.

Lot of Arabs still circumsize their WOMEN. That'll keep them in the compound kitchen and out of the cowboy bars.

Tom Sawyer
08-19-2011, 03:32 PM
That's deeeeeesgusting

BobL43
08-19-2011, 04:25 PM
That's deeeeeesgusting

As I sometimes find the OP to be; OK, maybe more than sometimes.:p

Ian Gills
08-19-2011, 05:32 PM
It's another case of Americans not thinking things through.

It's sexual mutilation. There are lots of nerves in that bit you know which makes for more fun later on in life.

American men who've had it done don't enjoy sex as much.

And that's a fact you can take to the Bank.

Let's cut healthcare costs by banning circumcision.

And I am not disgusting. I just like asking the difficult questions - which it appears most Americans shy away from.

And those that do ask them have been lawyers for the IRS chasing taxes; taken earmarks; and lobbied for stimulus even though they now argue against them. There is no time for Tea.

Cookie
08-20-2011, 06:05 AM
There is another reason that many American men once as boys, will most likely be able to relate with as well as many teachers in the public schools. (who have to intervene) Boys will be boys and will taunt and tease those who are uncircumsized and this will be noticed during showering after gym class. It is what it is. Save the health care costs elsewhere. Besides, I don't know if you know this or not, but it costs the insurance company 2 bucks.

BobL43
08-20-2011, 06:16 AM
There is another reason that many American men once as boys, will most likely be able to relate with as well as many teachers in the public schools. (who have to intervene) Boys will be boys and will taunt and tease those who are uncircumsized and this will be noticed during showering after gym class. It is what it is. Save the health care costs elsewhere. Besides, I don't know if you know this or not, but it costs the insurance company 2 bucks.

In case anybody noticed, I removed my posts that I was not proud of. Ian just seems to bring out the best in us. LOL, LOL, ROTFLMAO!

Cookie
08-20-2011, 06:49 AM
I may not had read all the posts at times, but, I didn't see anything wrong with your posts Bob. Ian's, yes, lol, yours no... not what I saw.

But, what I wrote was the truth. It starts early in school, too. I taught first grade fine motor and gross motor, along with reading, but, gross motor was using the large muscles in the body which required showering after class. I heard it all, and had to intervene.

Personally, I don't know where he thinks it would save on healthcare costs because it is elected surgeries.

Ian Gills
08-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Cookie is right. I have heard the same thing.

But in itself this should be cause for change. Having to make the cut because of a future threat of bullying is disgusting.

I thought Americans stood against threats like this?

It seems not when it comes to matters concerning "down there".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/45/Activist.jpg/561px-Activist.jpg

I didn't see anything wrong with your posts Bob. Ian's, yes, lol, yours no... not what I saw.

And what is wrong with my posts Cookie? Please do tell.

Cookie
08-20-2011, 08:12 AM
You get things wrong Ian. Sometimes, laughingly so. Sometimes, irritatingly so. Once in a while you may be right, but not like me though, I am always right. I am woman.

I am the smarter sex.

(Mammography was created by a male, you can bet; and, circumcision by a female.) lol. This is written in the bible :)

It keeps you guys submissive.

Cookie
08-20-2011, 08:26 AM
You are always right, when you know I am right, and say it, so...

BobL43
08-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Personally, it is my belief that people who are so strongly against circumcision feel that way because they don't wan't boys in general to look like Jews, you know, anti-semites? Those posters say to ask the infant if they want it. What does "goo goo" mean anyway, yes? I've seen it done to infants in a religeous ceremony, and the child wailed for a moment, but then was fine.

Now how would anybody know if there is less pleasure felt if the procedure had been done or not. Any adult male who has it done by choice will always remember the post surgical pain before fully healing and that may create a psycological problem, (or not). Man, if I got more pleasure than I have all these years, I just don't know how I'd deal with it. Things have been good since puberty. And somebody said cleanliness is next to Godliness, but it is NOT in the Bible.

BobL43
08-20-2011, 09:05 AM
I may not had read all the posts at times, but, I didn't see anything wrong with your posts Bob. Ian's, yes, lol, yours no... not what I saw.

But, what I wrote was the truth. It starts early in school, too. I taught first grade fine motor and gross motor, along with reading, but, gross motor was using the large muscles in the body which required showering after class. I heard it all, and had to intervene.

Personally, I don't know where he thinks it would save on healthcare costs because it is elected surgeries.
Maybe because in socialized medicine it would be paid for by the taxpayers? But as you said, it is an elective procedure here, and most insurance companies will not pay for it.

Cookie
08-20-2011, 09:34 AM
I thought it sounded good ( it was written in the bible) and, Ian would fall for it, lol
Are you sure, Eve didn't say it in Genesis? :)

Ian, the problem with making a one-size fits all theology on things is you can't force something to fit... that creates bullying.

Some parents will believe it is right, some won't, some men ( as I know one) will decide to have it done while older for various health reasons. But, you can't take a nation and decide to make them all adhere to one belief. What is this called, Ian?

Cookie
08-20-2011, 09:41 AM
This is the difference between countries.
Here is one country, where 2 americans are accused of sneaking into the country, they are imprisoned for 2 years already, and now sentenced to 8 more years in prison. Most likely, just hikers Ian... Not everyone they have accused can be a spy.

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-sentences-2-american-men-8-years-jail-133532047.html

Now, in our country, you can sneak in, and we will give you everything you need or want, even medically, and then some. Is their something wrong with this picture?

You got to ask yourself why it is people flock to our country? One word answer: Freedom.

I am not trying to be mean, just being honest.

ballvalve
08-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Getting back on Ian's track.....

The circumsized man does retain much more sensitivity, which one would think shortens his performance time. Remember, the best pens are kept in gold plated cases. I don't buy my Slim Jims unwrapped in bulk. I think it should be covered before use.

For the circumsized arab or african woman, that means she can read far fewer chapters of the Koran while being bothered.

Not so good for the American woman that read Cosmo and are told they should get at least an hour out of their pleasure and a 10 minute hug afterward.

BobL43
08-20-2011, 02:23 PM

The circumsized man does retain much more sensitivity, which one would think shortens his performance time. Remember, the best pens are kept in gold plated cases. I don't buy my Slim Jims unwrapped in bulk. I think it should be covered before use.

For the circumsized arab or african woman, that means she can read far fewer chapters of the Koran while being bothered.

Not so good for the American woman that read Cosmo and are told they should get at least an hour out of their pleasure and a 10 minute hug afterward.

Hugh Heffner's latest girlfriend cancelled the wedding cause she said he lasted only 2 seconds, so does that mean he is cut? Of course he is old enough to be her great grandfather. Poor guy.

geniescience
08-20-2011, 02:36 PM
...not thinking things through..... Ditto . Not thinking things through.

Ian Gills
08-20-2011, 03:22 PM
The problem, of course, is when your child's file in the hospital nursery has "DO NOT CIRCUMCISE" on the front of it in big red letters in case the doctor forgets.

It's just scarey that Americans treat this type of unnecessary procedure as normal.

It points towards the Founding Fathers or, perhaps, the Pilgrims. Now, which was it?

Cookie
08-20-2011, 04:36 PM

Ah, yes...getting back on track about male's being circumsized, it is much healthier and much more appealing physically looking to a female where most men are downright just ugly looking...with or without their pants on. So far as Cosmo, it is way outdated, no chic woman reads it anymore. AND, are you aware that women in this country do get circumsized and sewn shut as Ian puts it, "down there" by those who immigrate here and still adhere to their cultures? Any gny will tell you that. It simply is not as unusual as most unknowledgeable men realize, even for today. Men think very simple. And most men would die doing an hours worth of sex, no stamina.

Cookie
08-20-2011, 04:51 PM
The problem, of course, is when your child's file in the hospital nursery has "DO NOT CIRCUMCISE" on the front of it in big red letters in case the doctor forgets.

It's just scarey that Americans treat this type of unnecessary procedure as normal.

It points towards the Founding Fathers or, perhaps, the Pilgrims. Now, which was it?

Are you aware that the Founding fathers of my country did not get circumsized? Most men before WW2 wasn't either. My father wasn't. But, Veneral disease changed all that. Under that skin is harbored little bits of disease which can reinfect you, and your mate or partner, over and over and over. All veneral diseases. All kinds of infections which are not pleasant.

If it is not a culture thing, it should be a matter of health and hygenics. In our country, my country, it started after the big one. To prevent the spread of the number one sex disease, syphillis. Many many men came home with more than just medals. Syphillis.

Today we know that chlamydia is harbored on a male there and what is really sad is the fact that many men are not aware that they can catch it from a woman, for some unknown stupid reason they think they cannot catch what is known primarily to be a female's sexual disease. Not so. AND, that can be reinfecting the same person, or new person over and over.

So, in this person's opinion, which can be gladly skimmed over here, if you got a newborn, a newborn son, for health reasons alone get him circumsized; it is harder when he will be older, and those days showering amongst many other boys who are circumsized can be very long ones and torturous ones. Spare your son if you love him.

Ian Gills
08-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Most Europeans did not and have not had this done, unlike the Americans.

Which makes you wonder just what did Americans get up to during the War?

No wonder a healthy dose of church is needed here!

Cookie
08-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Well, Ian, ask yourself what countries the Americans fought in? so, they didn't catch it here in the US. And, for the facts, your countrymen also, was at risk. I am sure... your soldiers got infected as well. Maybe, your country kept it a bit more quiet and hushed, which doesn't do anyone any good. Indeed, it does more harm, more goes untreated, spreads it, and dies. It might do you some good to look into the facts from those days, you might be surprised.

Cookie
08-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Hmmm, found this already:
Now granted this was from WW1:

In World War I the venereal infection rates of the British army were seven times higher than the Germans, principally because national prudery prevented the British high command from acknowledging that there was any problem at all until 1915, when the Canadian and New Zealand prime ministers forced the chiefs of staff to issue free contraceptives to the troops.

http://www.psywarrior.com/PSYOPVD.html

Ian Gills
08-20-2011, 05:59 PM
But those diseases are now gone. Americans (and Europeans) have more knowledge now. So let's stop the chop.

There is no need to do it.

I would propose a Federal law banning circumcision unless it is for religious purposes.

Cookie
08-20-2011, 06:02 PM
You don't get it, stop sweeping things under the rug, eventually, you got to shake it!

The chop stays. It helps to keep things cleaner and healthier, which all women appreciate. Or if gay, the partner.

Veneral disease is not gone. It is as heavy or heavier than ever because of people's beliefs like yours.

A little swipe of the knive and it helps the world. Com' on, be a man, man up, get it done...

Ian Gills
08-20-2011, 06:04 PM
I am sure American women would easily adapt to a sausage in a blanket.

I would like all American families to stop this crude act immediately.

Circumcision is sexually violent.

PS Glad to see you support gay marriage Cookie.

http://youtu.be/hOYhkXrRAdc

Cookie
08-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Of course I support gay people and their choices in life, why wouldn't I? Who am I to tell someone who to love enough to want to marry? It is all about choice. Choice is freedom. Freedom is choice. When you ban a book, a movie, a race, a gender, or to circumsize then, it is wrong. There is not a one-size fits all in anything, not in clothes, not in life style, nothing.

What is crude is to let that foreskin on when it can and will cause disease to spread.
It is wrong to let a little boy be taunted in school when, it shouldn't be there anyway.

I will illustrate a picture of the tool, it is nothing.

Ian Gills
08-20-2011, 06:13 PM
I just think the child should have the choice.

And children clearly do not get the choice when we compare the chop rates in US with Europe!

Cookie
08-20-2011, 06:14 PM
It is neatly done.

Cookie
08-20-2011, 06:16 PM
See, it is nothing! Take a pic when done. And, post here.

Cookie
08-20-2011, 06:17 PM
You are fretting over nothing.

Ian Gills
08-20-2011, 06:20 PM
There is nothing wrong with the way it was originally designed.

http://youtu.be/_6z_GiFAOO8

Cookie
08-20-2011, 06:20 PM
You could do a before and after, I think, it is only like a 5.00 fine and one day in jail.

I watch that show on tv, Predators. They get nothing

Of course, Terry might ban you, LOL. Just lie and say, oops, I don't know how that got posted, I tried to post a picture of the royal family, and the family jewels. :)

(it will work he never reads these)

Cookie
08-20-2011, 06:21 PM
She sure is cute but, I have no sound on my laptop, lol. I can't read their lips.

Cookie
08-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Nice cookie pic though.

BobL43
08-20-2011, 08:42 PM
There is nothing wrong with the way it was originally designed.

http://youtu.be/_6z_GiFAOO8

And I thought it was mary Poppins you watched too many times. Sesame street, of course. I was wondering where all that good logic comes from!

ballvalve
08-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Hmmm, found this already:
Now granted this was from WW1:

In World War I the venereal infection rates of the British army were seven times higher than the Germans, principally because national prudery prevented the British high command from acknowledging that there was any problem at all until 1915, when the Canadian and New Zealand prime ministers forced the chiefs of staff to issue free contraceptives to the troops.

http://www.psywarrior.com/PSYOPVD.html

They used sausage skins, essentially, in ww1 - I dont think they had latex yet. Viruses pass through all natural condoms.

The idea of VD being eliminated by circumcision has been fairly well removed after further studies.

As to hygiene, that sausage in a blanket after three days of neglect is likely at the same level or lesser level of fermentation as a womans equipment that has a much larger surface area of folds and crevices. And a bit harder to access.

Although Napolean often wrote to Josephine not to "wash" for at least a week prior to his arrival. Must have liked fermented herring also.

Finally, circumcision was foisted on the americans as a means to reduce ************ and the resultant imbecility, during the early part of the century by those idiots in various churches.

Cookie
08-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry, but you stand to be corrected on that, the scientific studies are far from finished and not an absolute. It is still recommended to be circumsized for health reasons. Was just there with my grandson.

BobL43
08-21-2011, 03:20 PM
As much fun as this MAY have been, stop feeding the troll, please.

Ian Gills
08-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm a warlock. Snake blood.

Cookie
08-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Bob get the garlic out.

Cookie
08-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Or... is that for vampires?

Cookie
08-23-2011, 12:26 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/doctor-says-surprised-penile-cancer-211620233.html

SHELBYVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky doctor said Monday that he saved a truck driver's life when he amputated part of the man's ***** after discovering a rare and deadly cancer, but the man told a jury he wanted to escape from the hospital when he learned it was removed without his knowledge.

The truck driver, Phillip Seaton, 64, of Waddy, is suing Dr. John Patterson, who performed the 2007 surgery that was initially meant to be a simple circumcision to relieve inflammation.

"What I saw was not a *****. What I saw was cancer," Patterson, a Frankfort urologist, testified in Shelby County Circuit Court.

Patterson said he removed less than an inch of Seaton's *****. The rest of the ***** was amputated by another doctor later, said Patterson's lawyer, Clay Robinson.

Seaton's wife, Deborah, is also a plaintiff in the suit, which seeks unspecified damages for "loss of service, love and affection."

In earlier testimony, Phillip Seaton described the moments after being told part of his ***** had been removed.

"I pulled the dressing down, and I didn't see nothing," Seaton said under questioning by his attorney, Kevin George. "Then I came out of the restroom and I said, 'I'm getting the hell out of this damn hospital.'"

Patterson testified the cancer prevented him from inserting a catheter into Seaton's urethra, and he was concerned about the possibility of kidney damage from urinary retention. Although Deborah Seaton was in the hospital waiting room, the doctor said he did not consult her because she had not accompanied her husband to office visits or into the pre-operation area, which he thought was unusual.

"My impression was she would not be someone I would ask what he would want," Patterson testified.

Deborah Seaton testified that if the doctor had consulted her after finding the cancer, she would have advised him to halt the surgery and wake up her husband.

"It's his body," she said. "He should have a say in it."

Phillip Seaton had earlier testified about his emotional state since the surgery, saying he was a "bad case."

"I didn't have no say in it," he testified. "I wasn't told what had to be done. It was just done."

Seaton testified that Patterson had told him he would cut foreskin during the circumcision and described it as "more or less in and out." He said he had even joked with the doctor about the procedure.

During opening arguments, Robinson said Seaton had before the surgery initialed a document authorizing treatment in unforeseen circumstances.

George said the document had been read to Seaton because he cannot read.

The eight-woman, six-man jury was shown graphic images early in the day.

George presented four photographs of Seaton's groin saying, "You can see there's nothing there." He also told jurors that Seaton "doesn't feel like a man" anymore.

Robinson offered up a photograph of the cancerous tip of a ***** — not Seaton's.

Seaton's brother, David Seaton, testified that Phillip Seaton has been depressed and angry since the surgery.

"The spark is gone out of his life. He used to be such a happy person," David Seaton testified.

The jury includes two alternates.

Testimony is scheduled to resume Tuesday.

Cookie
08-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Uncircumsized men have a greater risk of penile cancer. That is a fact.

ballvalve
08-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Uncircumsized men have a greater risk of penile cancer. That is a fact.

Use Gold bond medicated powder. Zinc kills everything and keeps the sausage tip dry. Be careful of unplanned sexual encounters, however.

BobL43
08-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Use Gold bond medicated powder. Zinc kills everything and keeps the sausage tip dry. Be careful of unplanned sexual encounters, however.

so you recommend galvanized pipe?

ballvalve
08-26-2011, 11:36 PM
ductile iron pipe is better, and HDPE even more so, but a good level of zinc coating on a pipe works wonders.

BobL43
08-27-2011, 04:24 AM
ductile iron pipe is better, and HDPE even more so, but a good level of zinc coating on a pipe works wonders.

LOL, what a pickle.

ballvalve
10-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Maybe that explains why this is cookies corner instead of Ian's - He's out having his pipe snipped.

Suzie
10-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Circumcision started in the US as a means to stop boys from masturbating. Prior to the 1850's, boys in America were not circumcised. Doctors also claimed that it cured wet dreams, syphilis, epilepsy, curvature of the spine, clubfoot and many other diseases (see http://www.icgi.org/medicalization ). Starting in 1985, the rate of circumcision in the US began to decline. The rate of intact to circumcised boys vary as to what region of the US you live in. In the western United States, far fewer boys have been circumcised than in the eastern US. The cost of circumcision varies with each state in the US but cost between $150 to $500; many health insurance companies as well as Medicaid now refused to pay for it--they view it as an elective, cosmetic procedure.

Many doctors give incorrect advise as to the care of an intact boy. The way to care for an intact boy is very easy. You do nothing. The foreskin often is "tight" and does not retract until the boy is 9 or 10. With spontanious nightime errections (and mastrabation), the foreskin losens up on its own.

Most American woman do not have a problem with intact men. If that were the case, no American woman would be romantically interested in a man from Europe or the rest of the world.

Cookie
10-24-2011, 01:39 PM
No comment, :)

Maybe that explains why this is cookies corner instead of Ian's - He's out having his pipe snipped.

Ian Gills
10-24-2011, 01:43 PM
No comment,

That's a first!:D

BobL43
10-24-2011, 03:34 PM

Short and to the point! And Ian used an Emoticon; a first?

Cookie
10-24-2011, 05:37 PM
I KNEW you were going to say that! LOL... YOU won't see it ever again, either, :)

Cookie
10-24-2011, 05:38 PM
By the way, if you want to see *big hair* watch the movie Shampoo... I was watching it, thinking that, skinny little women and HUGE hair, kind of funny.

Cookie
10-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Bob, I think, that is a FIRST... he is turning American! OMG.. what is this coming to. ;)

Short and to the point! And Ian used an Emoticon; a first?

Ian Gills
10-25-2011, 01:46 PM
I have not turned American.

There are things in the Oath of Allegiance that I could not stomach.

Line 1, for example, "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince.."

Er, no.

Shall we go word-by-word?

Ian Gills
10-25-2011, 01:48 PM
"..potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen..."

Er, still no.

Ian Gills
10-25-2011, 01:49 PM
"...that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies..."

Not unless you ban guns.

Ian Gills
10-25-2011, 01:50 PM
"...that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law..."

Didn't you hear what I just said? Ban guns.

http://www.terrylove.com/images/ian_gun_control.jpg

Ian Gills
10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
"...that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion..."

This bit is OK. Sounds like socialism.

Ian Gills
10-25-2011, 01:52 PM
"...so help me God."

Who? America needs to separate Church and State.

America needs a new oath.

BobL43
10-25-2011, 02:10 PM
I have not turned American.

There are things in the Oath of Allegiance that I could not stomach.

Line 1, for example, "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince.."

Er, no.

Shall we go word-by-word? well what about the Prince of Bellair?

BobL43
10-25-2011, 02:13 PM
"...so help me God."

Who? America needs to separate Church and State.

America needs a new oath. It's just fine the way it is, and being you do not want to become a US citizen, you need worry not.
You need to be of good character, but I'm not sure just being a character qualifies:D

Ian Gills
10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
I agree. Good character is what matters most.

And most people in America are of good character. That's why I like it here.

And it's also why you don't need guns.

Cookie
10-25-2011, 02:57 PM
There goes that "sticks and stones" thing, again. I guess you would beat em off with an umbrella,too..;)

"...that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies..."

Not unless you ban guns.

Cookie
10-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah, right, if you think that most Americans are of good character, you couldn't be more wrong. It is like anywhere in the world, of any age, gender, race, or nationality. Some good, some bad. Bad thing is this, Ian, you can't tell by looking at a person who is good at heart or not.

Tom Sawyer
10-25-2011, 03:42 PM
I have always wanted to be a potentate. I wonder how one goes about it?

Joe the Plumber
10-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Are you guys really discussing this? You know there isn't really a law about this right? And what does he mean by potentate? Doesn't plumbing pay well enough? If it's not real hard, I might want to be one too.

Ian Gills
10-26-2011, 10:45 AM
I hope you are not implying that the Oath does not mean anything?

ballvalve
10-26-2011, 11:45 AM
The 'Oath' in a courtroom is an example of a good joke.

):rolleyes::eek::cool:

Use of these perversions should be several years in solitary.

At least the system restricts to 4 perversions of our language.

BobL43
10-26-2011, 04:50 PM
I hope you are not implying that the Oath does not mean anything?

Oh, you mean OATS! nice fresh ones cost lots more than if you buy those that have already passed through a horse:D

ballvalve
10-27-2011, 10:13 AM
That which passes thru a horse has more value than most oaths.

BobL43
10-27-2011, 02:45 PM
That which passes thru a horse has more value than most oaths. And I hereby second that emotion

BobL43
10-30-2011, 03:32 PM

Controversial, but watch it anyway. This guy tells it like it is. http://therealrevo.com/blog/?p=57506

Lgbpop
01-11-2012, 08:43 AM
If its unnecessary, gets in the way, and serves no useful purpose, we cut it. Just like taxes.There's the difference between the US and Canada...If its unnecessary, gets in the way, and serves no useful purpose, we elect him to office.

Cookie
01-12-2012, 08:24 AM
I found this today,
interesting reading if anything.
http://news.yahoo.com/hiv-transmission-1-900-sex-acts-transmits-virus-150822469.html

just one thing, I noticed mentioned was this,
Male circumcision reduced the risk of HIV transmission by 47 percent.

DonL
01-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Castration works better..

Sorry Cookie.

Can't argue with the truth.

Please forgive me.

BobL43
01-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Castration works better..

Sorry Cookie.

Can't argue with the truth.

Please forgive me.we're talking 2 different things for 2 very different reasons. circumcising a rapist will not stop him from raping again, nor the desire for sex, but castration will for sure.