Toto Vespin Big installation problem

Users who are viewing this thread

FJK

Reaction score
I need some creative thinking here, I really screwed myself on this one.

Total bath remodel, walls are painted, tile is in ( including baseboard tile next to the floor). So, I'm installing a Toto Vespin toilet, same as I installed in another bathroom. This toilet uses the modular drain system, so I'm concentrating on building up the flange, etc. As I mock up the modular drain, I notice that the water supply line is only 4" off the center line of the drain. On my other Vespin installation, the water supply line was 9" off the centerline of the drain. The toilet is not going to fit. Now what???

My specific model is a CST474 CEF (G) and the Toto installation instructions say a min distance for the water line is 8". The same instructions also say for a CST 794 toilet the min distance to the water line is 4".

So, do I try to exchance the toilet for a CST 794, but was is a CST 794?

Or, is there some creative way to 90 degree pipe out of the wall and then be able to install a shutoff valve & run the water supply line as normal? Please tell me an alternative to knocking out the drywall.

Thanks, FJK

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can 90 over if it's copper.
Or use a Dahl stop for the Toto

Normally the Vespin II needs 6" to the left of center.

dahl_stop.jpg

dahl_stop_2.jpg

Last edited:

FJK

Reaction score
Yes, I have 1/2 copper. So are you saying 90 over using a sweated fitting or use a Dahl 90 valve as you have shown (I assume that is what you are calling a Dahl stop. The Dahl stop, where can I get one, a lumbing supply house? This might save the day as long as it can hug the wall & not protrude more than 2". That's the clearance I have with my other Vespin II.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks