Caroma Caravelle 270 shut-off valve doesn't

Users who are viewing this thread

birkelbk

Reaction score
I have a Caroma Caravelle 270 with the dual flush, which is about 3 years old now. I live in an area with extremely hard water and I suspect that a lime build-up may be keeping the shutoff valve from closing completely, allowing water to leak into the bowl all the time. I knew how to fix the old toilets with floats, but I don't know the first thing about where to look to get this working. Does anyone have a link with information on how to fix or replace the valve in this toilet? Mine is similar to this one:
https://terrylove.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12697&stc=1&d=1301794382

attachment.php

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Karen, if it is the shut off valve, the extra water will be going down the overflow pipe into the bowl. If that is not the case, then the flapper is likely leaking. Flappers are easier and cheaper to replace than valves. Might be a good idea to check this out before tearing into or replacing the shutoff valve.

birkelbk

Reaction score
Nope, it's the shutoff valve. When I manually close it after a flush, water still runs through, and when it reaches the fill line, water continues to flow in and into the overflow pipe eventually. How do I go about fixing that?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks