PDA

View Full Version : goose manure

tregg
07-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Our town has a goose problem-I don't think we're the only one. They pollute the sidewalks and grass in picnic and playground areas so bad people don't use them-so why are we paying tax dollars for the upkeep of these places. I've started a campaign to find out what to do about it. I'm asking for suggestions. If it was up to me I'd just shoot them or at them. As a former goose hunter I know they would quickly learn to stay away but there are the Save the Geese and the Geese Have Rights Too people in the way.

BobL43
07-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Relocate the geese to all the goose lovers. Put food that the geese like on those people's properties. Nobody likes stepping in shit green or otherwise

ballvalve
07-26-2011, 11:49 AM
I used to raise a lot of geese and shoot the canadian version in the wilds. Best food on earth.

When I get a dead goose from a fox or disease, I cook them whole, feathers and all, maybe cut the legs, outer wingtips, and head off to better fit the pot. simmer for about 12-20 hours, cool, and put it out for the dog. Eats everything but the toenails. doesnt touch dog food for a week after.

Chickens, if you have enough, will eat it faster than the dog.

ballvalve
07-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Why do we get so many double posts?