View Full Version : Sterling faucet need for tub

06-21-2011, 01:26 PM
I have been looking everywhere for a replacement faucet made by Sterling. The home was built in 1984 and I have been told that this is the only one I can use. Please help.

Thank you,13351

06-21-2011, 01:37 PM
What do you want to replace? The whole thing? The cartridge? The handle?

Unless you have access from the rear or are willing to make the hole bigger from the front (they make special decorative plates to cover that larger hole), you generally don't have enough room to replace the whole valve - only service what you have. If you are willing to replace the whole thing, then the sky is the limit, you can use almost anything. What was your plan or desire?

06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Just the handle (the picture shown) The value is fine. Thank you,

06-21-2011, 01:49 PM
The picture is the handle in the other bathroom.

06-22-2011, 07:40 PM
I usually throw] the handles away when I replace that valve, but a good parts store may be able to help you. The handle is Sterling part #A0980. Faucets Plus lists it but they show a square stem instead of the "T" which you probably have.