Method LIL' BOWL BLU staining

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The wife raves about Method products and how they are supposed to be environment friendly. She's been using LIL' Bowl Blu for some time now.

I recently replaced both of our toilets with new ones from American Standard and now the bowls get a blue stain from the cleaner. The blue stain fades over time but between where the water jets around the rim are, it persists for longer. The old toilets didn't have this problem so the glaze must somehow be different.

I emailed Method to ask how to remove the blue stain but they deny that their product is causing the stain. At first they said that the stain is attaching to mineral buildup but these are new toilets and the old ones should have more mineral buildup than the new ones. Then they suggest that my copper pipes are causing the stain but the stain is at its worst right after applying their cleaner.

I just wanted to know if they had another product to remove the blue stain, not rain on their humanifesto. When I posted my comment on their site, I had not yet replaced the second toilet.

http://www.methodhome.com/product/lil-bowl-blu/?eucalyptus-mint#comments

Anyone else seeing this and have a green solution? It's not really high on my priority list as the toilet seat stays down most of the time and a bit of blue doesn't really hurt anything.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks