PDA

View Full Version : Fan relay needs replacing

Tonelious
06-16-2011, 10:19 AM
The fan relay on my water to air heat pump has a loose connector. if you jiggle the wire it cuts on and off. my problem is choosing the correct one to replace it. I have a cold-flow heat pump the old relay is an S&E I cant find any information on this company the tag reads as follows. SE90340 contact rating 12afl 60alr 125v 6afl 35alr 250v. It has 4 connectors on top 2 in the center and 4 on the bottom. Looking online for replacement parts some are listed 24v some 120v and some 240. How can I tell which one my old one is. It has a lead from the t24v transformer and a 120v that stays hot.(I`m assuming thats for power when the fan is in the on position not auto. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Terry Love your forum is the best.

DonL
06-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Welcome to Terry's Forums Tonelious,

And you are correct that ; "Terry Love your forum is the best."

I would look at the connections and see if it is just a connection problem.

If you replace the relay then the connections going to it are bad, then it still has a problem.

If it has Crimp connections then I would look at them first.

Good Luck on your project, and enjoy your day.

DonL

Tonelious
06-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks for your reply DonL, I checked the connections thats when I found one of the posts was loose on the relay where the 120v lead is connected. I do not think there is any way to tighten or fix it. I did not mention that on my original post but I was trying to keep it as short as possible

DonL
06-16-2011, 11:39 AM
If you can take it apart then you might be able to solider it.

A new one would be best, but I would try to repair it and use non acid flux.

The coil is 24V, here is a place that you can get one;
http://acpartsdistributors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1833

P.S. If it is burnt then maybe your fan run cap is bad or you could have another problem.
Normally there is a reason that they burn up.

DonL

Tonelious
06-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks for your help DonL the fan run capacitor was changed last summer. I did the repair on the relay and it seems to be working fine now but I ordered a new one. I am going to install it the first chance I get

misterfixer
06-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Changing the relay or sequencer has become a regular thing for me. Dealing with 15 year old Goodman air handlers, I've found that call backs for no blower operation ceased when I changed the weak capacitor AND the relay at the same time.

hj
06-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Do an Internet search for your relay's part number and you will find many sources for it.