PDA

View Full Version : Basement bathroom vent - is this right?

Hotbacon
06-08-2011, 12:23 PM
I have a 2" pipe coming out of our basement floor going up to the roof, which I assume is intended to be a wet vent for the basement lav/shower/water closet. I plan to cap the shower drain (we don't need another shower), and tie into the 2" pipe to install the lav. Can I just tie into the line with a wye and call it a day, or do I need another vent somewhere? See crude drawing located at:http://basementrefinishing.shutterfly.com/pictures/20. The red is the proposed new lav plumbing.

Tom Sawyer
06-08-2011, 04:14 PM
If your drawing is accurate and NOTHING dumps into that 2" pipe above the lav that you are going to install then yes, you are good to go.

Hotbacon
06-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the reply Tom Sawyer.

This 2" line is definitely a dry vent line right now. As a follow up question...is there a distance limit that my lav drain line must adhere to? Does it have to be a straight line (no 90* elbows)?

I could put the vanity directly up against this vent line and tie into it, but I'm curious as to if I could put the vanity on another wall and run the drain line around the corner to the vent. I know I'd have to ensure it's sloped correctly the entire way, but are there any other restrictions?