View Full Version : FRV Information required??

06-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Dear All,

I need some information on FRV i.e. feedwater regulating valve. What is its function, properties and applications.

Also if there is any other definitions of FRV in HVAC please let me know.


06-04-2011, 08:11 AM
If we are referring to the same item, it is usually called a pressure reducing valve or boiler fill valve. In the smaller sizes they are often in tandem with the boiler's pressure relief valve. It maintains a preset MINIMUM water pressure in the boiler. Many conditions can raise the pressure above its setting. It does NOT give low water protection, however, if the water supply is turned off.