Fixed Water Leak new problem

Users who are viewing this thread

parvinr69

Reaction score
I have a single story 1960 built home 1 full bath and a 1/2 bath,kitchen,washing machine! I had a water leak under my home! The main line from the meter is copper which attaches to a brass cut off from the cut off it is galvanized with a t going to the bathrooms etc etc etc.... The problem that I fixed was the galvanized pipe nipple after the brass cut off was leaking and about to break! I had to disconnect the cold side only under the Kitchen sink and work forward from there in order to replace the galvanized nipple easy enough so I thought! I got the nipple replaced cut the water back on at the meter went back under the house to check for leakes! I did not see any leaks under the house so I go to use the kitchen faucet and I have no water pressure from the Hot or Cold side! I figured some rust or sediment stopped up the aerator so I removed it and cleaned the aerator and set it aside still no water pressure! I then disconnected the 3/8 fitting just above the cut off under the sink and opened up the cut off to see if the pressure was ok! seemed fine on both hot and cold side! So my problem I think lies in the faucet itself I am not sure of this though,any input from a pro would be greatly thanked! By the way this is a great Forum
God Bless

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Working on old galvanized pipes, especially to the extent you seem to have done, will dislodge rust which will accumulate in the faucet aerators. Remove yours and clean it. I would probably NOT have taken all that piping apart just to replace a nipple.

parvinr69

Reaction score
Thank You for your timely reply! As my first post stated I completly remove the aerator and there is still no pressure through the hot or cold side! I had to reomove all that piping to replace the nipple because I was dealing with a soldered copper joint the threads only turn 1 direction! The faucet is a 2 handle faucet with a sprayer so I think that something has become lodged in the center check valve that feeds the sprayer and the main outlet! Any other thoughts?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You did not tell us you had a spray hose with a diverter, but the symptoms meant the problem was in the faucet somewhere between the two valves and the spout. If we had known about the spray, then the diagnosis would have been the diverter or the aerator, although some faucets have additional "proprietary" locations where it can occur. Knowing the make and model of a faucet usually facilitates the diagnosis.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks