rerouting of existing plumbing help needed

Users who are viewing this thread

j.moser

Reaction score
I own a construction company and I don't get into very much plumbing work and usually leave it to a pro, but as a favor to family I am remodeling thier bathroom and would very much like to know if it is exceptable to use the existing plumbing via some rerouting work to move the toilet, add a sink, add a shower, and a spa style tub? thanks
:)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You have described a very large, involved remodel. Certainly it can be done. There are many more issues than just " moving a few pipes around."

You have size issues with the new shower and spa; each of these fixtures must be properly vented; moving the toilet and its associated vent will likely affect all the other fixtures. It would be easy to screw this up big time! This is a good time to call in a marker from a good plumber and have him lay this out for you.

A

alhurley

and remember the drains all have to have the proper slope in the extended sections. 1/4" per foot may not sound like much, but it adds up - every 4' you extend a floor drain raises the pipe at the drain by 1". Often you don't have that much to work with. This is very time-consuming for a novice - time you should probably be spending where you make money. Hire the plumber yourself and then go build what you do best - you'll easily cover the plumber and then some.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks