"T" Fittings for DWV System

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuck B

sea-bee
Reaction score
Replumbing the DWV system in an accessable crawl space under my small cottage. It empties into a septic system.

In order to make a 90 degree "T" I understand that a "Sanitary T" is the appropriate fitting. The DWV system would go in two directional runs thereafter.

But could a "Wide Sweep T" also be used and comply with most codes. I have the room to use a wide sweep fitting, and it appears that it would be a more subtle turn which to my thinking would be a better method.

Thanks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A sanitary tee is used to connect a horizontal branch into a vertical stack. A wye+45, or combo, or "sweep tee" would be used to connect a horizontal branch into a horizontal line.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The sanitary tee is ONLY appropiate for lines which are not horizontal. For horizontal lines you MUST use a combination Y-1/8 bend or a Y AND 1/8 bend to make a 90 degree connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks