water supply too long

Users who are viewing this thread

jonboy

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks to TL, I found a great toilet (Toto) to solve our low-flush problems. However, after installing it, I found the 6" braided water supply line is too long. Even the wholesale plumbing supply around here doesn't have anything shorter. So it occurred to me that I should just buy a 12" or 16" supply line and coil it so there are no kinks. Would that be the preferred solution?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's the normal way to deal with supply lines. You virtually never have a toilet and shut off valve exactly the distance apart that a line will fit exactly. Don't overdo it, just go to the closest length and you'll be fine.

jonboy

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The 6" line got a severe kink in it in the middle and another kink near the end that connects to the toilet. So water flow was almost shut off. That's why I'm thinking something long enough to coil.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The alternative is to utilize a solid riser and bend/cut it to fit. A tubing bender helps to keep it from kinking while fitting. A nice smooth loop in a packaged hose works, too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks