Feedback on American Standard CLEAN toilet (exclusive from Lowes) 2514.101

Users who are viewing this thread

dchu

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently purchased this toilet from Lowes and not sure if this is a good toilet. It has all the feature i was looking for, in height, shape, style, 1-pc, and easy to clean.

I read some negative review regarding installation and difficulty in reaching the water valve behind it. Just want to know if anyone had experience with this toilet or should i get the Champion4...

thanks

as_clean_toilet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most of the toilets sold by Lowes and HD are builder grade and not worth much. If you would scan down about 6 or 8 threads on this topic, you will find a huge thread dealing with AS toilets. Only a few are complementary. Most describe the poor workmanship and other problems.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any skirted toilet generally needs the supply shutoff to be farther from the centerline than on a 'normal' toilet. Toto makes a bunch of skirted toilets as well as other manufacturers. The skirt does make it a little easier to clean, as there aren't as many nooks and crannies for crud to build up and collect dust, etc.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The American Standard CLEAN toilet pictured above will hide most shutoffs in homes. That part gets pretty tricky when it comes time to install.

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I was looking into the Clean some time ago (or Cadet 3 skirted) and it allowed enough clearance for most current toilet shutoff positions...like 4" from flange center. It wasn't as strict about shutoff location like skirted Toto toilets are. If your gonna keep that toilet you'll probably want to check all around the bowl for major flaws in the glazing, and porcelain.
Also set it on a level floor and use a level to make sure sure the bowl isn't leaning, I doubt you'd want to sit on a toilet and have it feel like one leg is shorter then the other. These are all things that commonly are wrong with American Standard bowls. I don't think Lowes will accept a toilet return once it's been installed...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks