Washing Machine hoses

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
OK, lets stir up some debate!

I got to thinking about mine today....they are Fluidmaster braided SS. They are 15 years old. Does something like that 'wear out' just from age??? The washing machine was replaced about a year ago, and I installed all news rubber gaskets, which Fluidmaster sends for free. The end pieces looked to be fine...they are I think SS, could be chromed brass. No sign whatever of corrosion. Any reason I should be worried, replace them " just because".

Terry likes the FloodCheck. I also have my eye on Whirlpools Industrial hose which they claim 1500 psi burst.

WHAT SAY YE ALL???

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
Yes these wear out just from age.
The hose itself is plastic or rubber with a stainless steel braided cover to prevent chaffing, help prevent bursting and most importantly looks good for the client.
So yes the hoses should be replaced on a regular basis, I change my each time I install a new appliance, or at a ten year max.
Generally working with rentals so 5 to 10 years for an appliance is the goal.
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks