PDA

View Full Version : No fly zone in Libya

Ian Gills
03-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Well, the UN backed it to protect civilians so British and French air attacks should be there in hours.

Take your time America. Take your time...

At least the English and the French can be relied on to force the pace in the fight for freedom.

Not much change there then.

Watch and see how it is done when the old powers have a go.

You'll learn something.

Cookie
03-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Another no-win situation for the US. I seem to remember Pan-Am, and my grandmother is French.

Ian Gills
03-17-2011, 05:57 PM
I can't see why it's no win?

Win is easy.

Don't just fight for oil.

Fight for freedom.

And do the checks, which have been done.

That is:

1) have due cause for concern for the safety of civilians; 2) get a UN Security Council resolution; and, 3) have the agreement of the region.

The British and the French got all these things before they announced the no-fly zone in Libya.

Therefore there is no no-win.

That should be your first lesson from the old powers.

The second lesson will follow....having a highly trained armed service.

Cookie
03-17-2011, 07:29 PM
By helping the people fight against Gadhafi we may be helping to put al-Qaeda into power behind the people, which of the two, would be worse?

jimbo
03-18-2011, 06:43 AM
I will give odds that the ONLY things that WONT FLY into libya will be brits and frogs!!!

Ian Gills
03-18-2011, 07:12 AM
Libya has announced a cease fire.

You don't go up against the big guns.

The expertise of British and French forces is unrivalled.

You've got the equipment but we have the brains.

Although saying that, we do have the Eurofighter and you...er...don't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12785746

There's a reason why it's called the Royal Airforce and the Royal Navy.

jimbo
03-18-2011, 09:46 AM
There's a reason why it's called the Royal Airforce and the Royal Navy.

I figured it was because they were royally screwed up?????

Ian Gills
03-18-2011, 10:08 AM
I seem to remember the Americans liked to come aboard.

Especially on the French ships (for the wine).

There is no alcohol allowed on US ships, you see.

Now that really is screwed up.

Cookie
03-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Have you forgotten or do you not know that France would not allow us to fly over their country, when our Pan Am was shot down?

Now why is that?

Cookie
03-18-2011, 12:28 PM
We are only wanted when another country wants our money, and military then, it is afterward, see ya and talked about. No thanks. (reminds me of most of my relatives)

Have you already forgotten too the dancing in the streets from that country on 9-11? I am all for helping people, but, that is alittle hard to take. I still can see people leaping to their deaths from the towers, can you imagine having to make that decision?

I cannot.

ballvalve
03-18-2011, 01:35 PM
The royally goofy Brits and french who screwed up Libya in the first place, can go in and get their butts shot up. Its about time the Brits used our fighters for more than show pieces in the last 50 years.

The Germans are smarter to let un-natural selection continue.

And the Americans have done enough, I hope we send only spare parts to the Brits for OUR planes they will use to kill the MAYBE bad guys.

Finally, The Europeans only care about the unwashed tide of Libyans floating over to their shores as they run away from their desert home.

The royal throne is just a Toto, or more likely a cadet 3.

And by the by, mate, the cost of that wedding for those royal idiots would buy a lot of teachers for the poor kids in the inner cities.

They should wed with a K-mart cake, and do it in the back of a country pub. Donate the savings to Americas poor, and apologize for their murder of our patriots back in 1775, when the Brits were OUR Ghadaffi.

Unfortunately, you are correct that a battleship without wine is a crippled vessel.

Ian Gills
03-18-2011, 02:27 PM
The equipment is not yours. It works, for a start.

And those servicemen are top notch.

Not youngsters sent to war after a touch of training.

But seasoned, qualified veterans.

Watch. And learn.

We'll await your logistical support. Thanks for that. But no burgers please. We're British.

wmills
03-18-2011, 02:32 PM
We'll await your logistical support. Thanks for that. But no burgers please. We're British.
You mean you will await our pulling your crumpets out of the fire as always.

Ian Gills
03-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Look, we waited a month for you to do something. And you did nadda.

So we are going to do it ourselves.

And better.

It's in our blood.

ballvalve
03-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Well, its about time the brits shed some blood in a war. Been a long time.

Nada is the correct thing in Libya-Moronica. Let darwin [the brit] rule there.

Ian Gills
03-18-2011, 05:51 PM
We tend to lose fewer servicemen and women because we train them better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEFD1VnGxFQ

Cookie
03-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Could be just the numbers. You send less in battle and less battles. Less to lose.

Redwood
03-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Have you forgotten or do you not know that France would not allow us to fly over their country, when our Pan Am was shot down?

Now why is that?

I Remember it well...
10 years earlier I was working on the F-111F's that carried out the Operation El Dorado Canyon Raid on Libya.
France, Spain, & Italy denied the US the ability to fly over their countries adding 1300 miles each way and multiple air to air refuelings to the mission.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2/Redwood39/avitars%20and%20emocons/b24c168b.png

An F-111F was shot down over the Gulf of Sidra with the loss of the aircrew Capt. Fernando L. Ribas-Dominicci and Capt. Paul F. Lorence. The body of Capt. Ribas-Dominicci was returned through the Pope and to this day Capt. Lorence's body has not been returned. Aircrew fatigue was probably a big factor in the shoot down.

An interesting note was that the French Embassy was inadvertently hit by a cluster bomb dropped by an F-111F during evasive maneuvers to avoid AAA Fire.... Redwood Snickers....

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2/Redwood39/avitars%20and%20emocons/b23c2a43.png

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2/Redwood39/avitars%20and%20emocons/a82fe6dc.png

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2/Redwood39/avitars%20and%20emocons/57eb7e0d.png

Redwood
03-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Libya has announced a cease fire.

You don't go up against the big guns.

The expertise of British and French forces is unrivalled.

Yea, wanna buy a French Army Rifle...
Never Fired...
But Dirty From Being Thrown On The Ground....

Good Thing You Brits are there to pick up the slack on this one...
Lord Knows with only 150 of your troops in Iraq and 9,500 in Afghanistan you certainly have a few to spare...
We're still a little busy....

ballvalve
03-18-2011, 11:03 PM
I forgot about the frogs screwing us back then. Great point. Change alliances like their shorts.

Still, I already said, let the Brits and the French take care of this garbage war. They only care to keep refugees out of their real estate.

And who the hell are the Libyan "rebels" ? Probably having camel milk tea with al queda as we write.

Whoever gets Libya should KEEP it this time.

Ian Gills
03-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Again, selective memories.

If it were not for the French, you'd still have a Queen.

But rest assured. The British force will do a great job, as they always do.

Libya is in "our sphere of influence" so we have to take care of it.

A bit like Haiti, which...er....you didn't.

ballvalve
03-19-2011, 08:11 AM
If not for the Ghadaffiesque brits using mercenaries to fight their 'war' of oppression, because their military didnt want to get eaten by a bear in America, we might all be speaking their garble now. Lining up in rows like ducks in red tuxedos was not too bright against ol' terrorist bush fighter George also.

And Libya and Haiti are French F-ups, as I recall. Let them die in a war for the first time. Better bring plenty of wine to Haiti, and Kevlar jackets.

They sure know how to cook and build nuclear power, however.

Ian Gills
03-19-2011, 09:17 AM
I must admit that the American traitors did not fight like gentlemen.

If you'd been brave enough to fight at sea, also, the Royal Navy would have wiped you.

The East Coast does seem strangely familiar to me. Like a second home. Perhaps a birth right.

But back to Libya.

Let's hope we get there before it is not too late.

It looks like our French brothers have arrived.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilhy0o7Uj8g

Cookie
03-19-2011, 02:17 PM
France fires on Libyan military vehicle

Again, we had to lead the fight... why did you guys wait on us? Less than 2 hours... We will only be chastised for it later.

JAMEY KEATEN, Associated Press Jamey Keaten, Associated Press – Sat Mar 19, 1:23 pm ET

PARIS – A French fighter jet fired Saturday on a Libyan military vehicle, the first reported offensive action in a international military operation against Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's forces, a French defense official said.

French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike happened at 1645 GMT Saturday.

Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind. He said no hostile fire on the French jet has been reported.

It was the first reported offensive military action against Gadhafi's troops, since the U.N. Security Council approved a resolution on Thursday, authorizing operations to protect civilians in Libya.

France sent a dozen Mirage and Rafale jets Saturday to survey the one-time opposition stronghold of Benghazi and the 150 kilometer-by-100 kilometer no-fly zone, Burkhard said.

"All aircraft that enter into this zone could be shot down," he said.

The strike came less than two hours after top officials from the United States, Europe and the Arab world agreed in Paris to launch a risky military operation to protect civilians from attacks by Gadhafi's forces.

It also came after Libyan government troops forces attacked Benghazi earlier Saturday, apparently ignoring a proclaimed cease-fire.

The United States, Britain, France and 19 other participants in an emergency summit in Paris on Saturday "agreed to put in place all the means necessary, in particular military" to make Gadhafi respect a U.N. Security Council resolution Thursday demanding a cease-fire, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said.

Cookie
03-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Ian, I just heard this question on the news, (This week, ABC) " is Gadhafi capable of retaliating on US soil?" There you go...

Ian Gills
03-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Don't be such a scare-d-cat. This is the guy that took down one of your planes over our soil (Pan Am).

This is not just a quiet dictator getting on with his business. He's a difficult character causing harm to civilians.

It's a sad day when the British have to teach the Americans about freedom.

But I've been saying it all along. We should never have left.

From one mad dog to another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dqn9Hwf-H0

ballvalve
03-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Its a sad day when our CIA didnt hire a sharpshooter to kill him in his tent when he was just in New York city. No balls in the white house anymore.

Now suddenly he is the evil empire.

I pray America stays out of a war with no clear enemies at all and no practical objective.

Ian Gills
03-20-2011, 01:28 PM
I must admit that it was a lot easier in the good ol' days.

If they didn't like the Queen or were just a little bit too much into the Church for their own good, you just shot them.

master plumber mark
03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
IAN

I hope that the french dont surrender before kadafi does..

I just hate the thought of having to go in and bail out everyone again....

with the USA provideing the logistcs and missles,
I think its a 50-50 chance for the French to win this
especially with the british along for the ride..

I hope if ground troops have go in ,
the french dont accidently shoot at the british.... LOL

ballvalve
03-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Do we get to say now that the French and Brits only 'want the oil' like we did in Iraq?

That's what the Libyan imbeciles will say a week after they bust up Gadaffys statues. And start shooting at the liberators.

Here come your IED's France! Enjoy! ..........C'est la Vie

Up until now the French only touched IUD's

Cookie
03-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Me? A scare-d-cat? ( to be polite) You don't know me very well. It is a civil war which we don't need to participate in, we can't fight everyone's fights. If you and the French wanted to participate go for it! But, we deserve a break... Plus, when we wanted to go after him years ago, France didn't care much, not even enough to let us fly over their country. Why care now?

Don't be such a scare-d-cat. This is the guy that took down one of your planes over our soil (Pan Am).

This is not just a quiet dictator getting on with his business. He's a difficult character causing harm to civilians.

It's a sad day when the British have to teach the Americans about freedom.

But I've been saying it all along. We should never have left.

From one mad dog to another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dqn9Hwf-H0

master plumber mark
03-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Ian....
I am getting a JOLLEY GOOD LAUGH watching this all go down on TV right now
you europeans are really entertaining........

The french and English quarreling over who is in charge, the germans and the Turks and Greeks wanting noting to do with it...... and yet it is supposed to be a NATO thing, or some sort half-assed of alliance????:p

It looks to me that they all have their thumbs up their asses and want the americans to take the lead........:p

Its just the same old game...
everyone wants the USA to wipe their butts for them
and con us into doing all the fighting for them... and spending our
nations wealth instead of seeing them go into the hole for a change.

not a one of them have the stomach or will to get into the thick of it,
even when its the oil that is really at stake here.....

they are all a bunch of in-decisesive pussies that cant get along.
I hope that the English finally man up and take the lead in this whole mess...

BEFORE the French surrender...or throw in the towell..:p:p

Ian Gills
03-24-2011, 01:43 PM
No. What they actually want is America out and Nato command in, including a coalition of Arab forces.

US involvement has so far involved some Americans firing missiles while sitting safely in boats well off-shore.

You've just got to salute the bravery of the American forces.

The French and the British are doing the real work. France took down a Libyan jet today.

master plumber mark
03-24-2011, 01:49 PM
I am with Obama on this one..... and I think he has made a fantastic decision
to let the OTHER MEMBERS OF NATO and or the UNITED NATIONS
take a turn and do for themselves...

they are all a bunch of cry-babies.... if Russia moves a missle a half mile
closer to their borders, they come crying to us wanting us to get the issue resolved....

Obama is forceing Nato to man up and do something for themselves....

I SAY GOOD FOR HIM.... anything is better than the USA always having to
hold everyones hand for the last 75 years....

The French piolit who shot down that jet will
probably become a national hero in France. Their
first actual hero since we bailed them out in Vietnam:p

anyway IAN....
its JOLLY GOOD great entertainment....its almost like watching
a 3 stooges film festivle on TV....

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/CLASS/130-195.jpg (http://affiliates.allposters.com/link/redirect.asp?item=847570&AID=45944632&PSTID=1&LTID=2&lang=1)

The Nato Allies and the United natioins in action...........

What will curley, larry and Moe
argue about next??? .:p:p

Ian Gills
03-24-2011, 05:03 PM
I'd like to see American boots on the ground to protect the civilians.

They do not have any arms to fight back.

And the last time the US provided arms to rebels they turned them on the Americans a decade or so later (Afghanistan).

So let's get the American troops in. And if they have any trouble, we'll back them up with Special Forces.....British Forces, that is. But let's go in with the American "light" infantry first before we send in the heavies.

I am getting a bit worried that this military intervention may backfire however...

But I have finally worked out why America got its Independence. England needed an army and it is housed here. God Save the Queen.

master plumber mark
03-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I'd like to see American boots on the ground to protect the civilians.

They do not have any arms to fight back.

And the last time the US provided arms to rebels they turned them on the Americans a decade or so later (Afghanistan).

So let's get the American troops in. And if they have any trouble, we'll back them up with Special Forces.....British Forces, that is. But let's go in with the American "light" infantry first before we send in the heavies.

I am getting a bit worried that this military intervention may backfire however...

But I have finally worked out why America got its Independence. England needed an army and it is housed here. God Save the Queen.

Yes, you are right.....
we have been doing Englands bidding for two world wars, we bailed out the French in indochina.....
and no one has ever paid back their war debt to us , and we have basically waived it all ....

but it appears that maybe this time others will have to be in the front lines ..... hey thats ok:cool:

wether it be the UN or Nato , I hope that they can somehow overcome their reluctance to be the leaders in this affair and get it over with quickly

Cookie
03-24-2011, 08:46 PM
See, we are now shooting missles, but still is not good enough! Nothing we do is ever right, we still get talked about, it kind of reminds me of being back in high school and all the clicks. Now, you want our soldiers to put their boots on, gee whiz, they are being shined. Curly is shining them, lol.

P.s. America is out of TP.

ballvalve
03-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Actually, after thought, we have been paid back for the war debt by the world using our dollar as the standard and buying our trainloads of T-bills....

To fund our need for dolllar stores and Mcmansions and electronic debri. And tons of guns and military might. The proviso is that we have to do 99% of the killing in the world.

America is the worlds hit-man. Nothing personal!

master plumber mark
03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Actually, after thought, we have been paid back for the war debt by the world using our dollar as the standard and buying our trainloads of T-bills....

To fund our need for dolllar stores and Mcmansions and electronic debri. And tons of guns and military might. The proviso is that we have to do 99% of the killing in the world.

America is the worlds hit-man. Nothing personal!

that is about the truth... they wont pay back theri debt, so we
get to print out money like its going out of style and they have to accept it

as far as being the worlds hit man, we have been doing the bidding of a few countries in the middle east for too long a time....

anything new in the war in Lybia today....?????

have the french thrown in the towell yet????.

LOTW
03-25-2011, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=Ian Gills;292428]I must admit that the American traitors did not fight like gentlemen.

If you'd been brave enough to fight at sea, also, the Royal Navy would have wiped you.

The East Coast does seem strangely familiar to me. Like a second home. Perhaps a birth right.

I just got back from Washington DC and wandered through the Smithsonian Museum of American History. I saw the Philadelphia for the first time, which was a wooden Revolutionary War battleship sunk by the British with a lucky canon shot. No one could ever challenge the courage of someone who went to battle on such a small ship. That battle was one by the British, but I seem to remember that the war was not.
Regarding Libya, my concern is that we are not going to be able to find an ending point without killing Khadaffi and that if we do that we may end up with someone much worse. As I see Khadaffi, most people tolerate him, he is very expensive to have around, and he does little that is good or bad. Quite similar to Prince Charles. Regarding Great Britain, the only product of value it seems to produce is extremely suitable future spouses for future kings. The present proposed future royal spouse is certainly worth driving on the wong side of the road for and it is unfortunate that her DNA will likely be diluted with the DNA which has resulted from five generations of royal cousins marrying each other. She would be better served with a good mixed blooded American stallion.

master plumber mark
03-25-2011, 09:22 PM
[quote=ian gills;292428]i . Regarding great britain, the only product of value it seems to produce is extremely suitable future spouses for future kings. The present proposed future royal spouse is certainly worth driving on the wong side of the road for and it is unfortunate that her dna will likely be diluted with the dna which has resulted from five generations of royal cousins marrying each other. She would be better served with a good mixed blooded american stallion.

too much in-breeding..... the blood line has become too odd and squrilley

THANK GOD that the royals dont actually do anything.. like declare war , lop peoples heads off ect.....
their main duties seem to be to host dinner parties
and give the country something to gossip about

Ian Gills
03-26-2011, 06:12 AM
Hmm. Interesting points. But the last time I checked it was American women wanting the dignity of marrying a British man, even British Royal men.

They know how to treat a lady, you see. Oh, and they don't commit treason against King and Country like your American ancestors did.

Mrs Simpson could not find what she needed in America...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/Wallis_Simpson_-1936.JPG/200px-Wallis_Simpson_-1936.JPG

...so she came to England.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/31/Wallis_and_Edward.jpg/220px-Wallis_and_Edward.jpg

jimbo
03-26-2011, 06:33 AM
. Oh, and they don't commit treason against King and Country like your American ancestors did.

Hardly treason. The king never owned this land. He THOUGHT he did, but was not smart enough to realize he was over his head. We stole this land fair and square from the Indians, and that is another story!

LOTW
03-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Forgive me Ian, but when I see the soft hair, the lovely flower, and the to-die-for striped knickers, the only words that I can think of are "Don't ask and don't tell."

Ian Gills
03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Come on now. American ladies are not that bad looking are they?

Cookie
03-26-2011, 02:31 PM
A photo from Birmingham, England, talk about dogs...

ballvalve
03-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Did those royal imbeciles cancel the wedding and donate the money to the poor yet, Ian?

Ian Gills
03-27-2011, 11:06 AM
We don't have poor people in England Ballvalve because taxpayers subsidize those less fortunate than themselves.

It's quite a novel concept. One might say it's what the church teaches you to do.

Help thy neighbor.

Which is why there are so many churches in America.

Slow learners need more teachin'.

Redwood
03-27-2011, 11:31 AM
I find this interesting....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T3aKLTXqNM

Tom Sawyer
03-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Freedom? Freedom for who? Does anybody have any clue who these so called rebel forces are and who is backing them? Where are their weapons coming from? Doesn't seem a little odd that all these dictators are suddenly being targeted after decades in power? Who do you suppose will take over the reigns when the dust settles? Not in the very near future but within a year or two. I'll bet lot's of money that that who will be Al Queda and the Taliban. We are most likely supporting the same enemy in Lybia that we are fighting in Afghanastan. Corrupt, power hungry fools making decisions based on greed. The market soars while the people starve.

Ian Gills
03-27-2011, 02:21 PM
I didn't know you were a member of that cult Redwood.

But you seem the type to take a political extremist like that seriously.

Thankfully, most of America does not.

Redwood
03-27-2011, 04:48 PM
I didn't know you were a member of that cult Redwood.

But you seem the type to take a political extremist like that seriously.

Thankfully, most of America does not.

I didn't say I agreed with the man...

I just found it interesting what he had to say about the Brits....

They're Fat, Sloppy, and Dumb...
Their Dietary Habits Stink...
Their Conditions of Life Stink...
Their Opinions Stink....
They're a Parasitic Nation...
They Suck the Blood of the Rest of the World....
Dracula was written by a Brit.....

Maybe he wasn't as whacky as I thought....

Ian Gills
03-27-2011, 06:14 PM
America's dietary habits are the worst in the world.

You know that.

But in case you didn't....

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_obe-health-obesity

You're the fattest and we're number 3.

And you're not as clever either, so you might say at least our opinions are well informed.

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/Details/education/Phd-graduates.aspx

I could go through the rest of his statements and make similar observations.

We set this place up. You'd do well to remember that.

Cookie
03-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Well, being alot of our foods are imported, we are also, keeping the rest of the world eating because of our dietary habits. We don't grow too many bananas here. :) You guys should be thankful we like banana splits, coffee in the morning, and ho ho's.

What Share of U.S. Consumed Food Is Imported?
Andy Jerardo

Increasingly, the foods Americans eat are imported because bananas, coffee, chocolate, fish and shellfish, apple juice, cashew nuts, spices, and other imported foods are produced in greater quantity or less expensively abroad or, in some cases, cannot be produced in the U.S. Since 1980, there has been a general upward trend in average import shares for both crops and animal products. Some foods, such as fish, shellfish, coffee, cocoa, and spices, help boost overall import shares due to their relatively low domestic production volumes. Other food groups have lower import shares that reflect their greater domestic production volumes, such as dairy products, red meats, grains, vegetables, and sweeteners, all of which have import shares 15 percent or lower.

Redwood
03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
America's dietary habits are the worst in the world.

You know that.

But in case you didn't....

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_obe-health-obesity

You're the fattest and we're number 3.

Could it be that our food tastes better and is more desirable to eat? For years the Brits secret was they looked to India for favorite foods with curry and chicken marsala which I feel resemble vomit, as the top choices but lately Chow Mein has taken the top spot...

Says a lot for Bangers & Mash, Roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding, Steak and Kidney Pie, Cullen Skink, Fish Pie, Fish & Chips and Mushy Peas, Shepherd's Pie, Rhubarb and Custard, When the leave they country to find favorites...

And you're not as clever either, so you might say at least our opinions are well informed.

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/Details/education/Phd-graduates.aspx

I don't recall using the word "Clever" anywhere, The term PHD to me means a "Professional Student" in many cases, with them actually earning multiple degrees and culminating as an educator to generate even more of them....

Now if you look at a slightly different bit of data from the same website you will find that the US is second only to Norway in the number of people age 25-64 who have completed a university degree and gone on to "Productive Lives" instead of being a "Professional Student" http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/Details/education/university-completion.aspx The Brits however are in 8th. It gets even worse when you look at High School graduation rates where the US is #1 and the Brits come in all the way back at 13th... http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/Details/education/high-school-graduation-rate.aspx So yes other than a few well educated parasites most Brits are just dumb undereducated fools... Hardly Clever...

I could go through the rest of his statements and make similar observations.

We set this place up. You'd do well to remember that.

Yea, and pretty much all of your observations can get pitched right in the trash...
Because they are useless and dumb...

You might have set this place up but we knew you were dumb and kicked you to the curb rather than have you hinder our growth...
Here is a good read for you written by one of your University of Cambridge Scholars...
Britain's Declining Empire
The Road to Decolonisation, 1918–1968
Ronald Hyam, University of Cambridge (http://www.cambridge.org/gb/knowledge/isbn/item1173921/?site_locale=en_GB)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwOA8AfeHM4

jimbo
03-28-2011, 06:44 AM
It is surprising to hear there is a weight problem in Britain....I don't know how you could stand to eat enough of what passes for food over there, to even stay healthy!

master plumber mark
03-28-2011, 09:53 AM
I see that NATO has taken over now......

they are bombing Kadafis home town and then apologizeing
to the world claiming that they are not really trying to kill kadafi.......
that is too funny........

I guess England and Nato want to look like a "kinder and gentler" colonial ruler than they did back in the good old days............

:cool:

Cookie
03-28-2011, 09:54 AM
MM, you mean like off with their heads? :)

LOTW
03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Come on now. American ladies are not that bad looking are they?

No, but I spend time in Canada

master plumber mark
03-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Looks like Obama has signed a secret order to help arm the rebels
they should have done that anyway from the start....

..he did not want to get involved, but I think they have sensed that NATO
has got their thumb in their ass and someone is going to have to lend a
hand to get things rolling in a positive way on the ground...

rumor has it that NATO is peeved............

hopefully we wont have to do the fighting for the Lybians too

Jerome2877
03-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Last I checked the US is part of NATO! So I guess your thumb is up your own ass lol.

ballvalve
03-31-2011, 01:07 PM
America has its thumb up its ass by allowing our military to spend 550 million dollars TO DATE on bombing these morons. Let france and England give both sides more bombs and hope they all die off at the same time.

How many schools and shleters for the homeless could we build with 550 mil? Or mortage defaults delayed. This is a crime against America.

Ian Gills
04-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Stop whinging.

You can afford it.

Or at least your kids and your kids' kids can.

Besides, it's the duty of staff in the armed services to do this sort of work.

You can't stand the idea of firefighers standing around getting salaries, right?
So you make most of them volunteers.

One can only wonder at the American public's anger were it to pay American servicemen and women not to fight.

Libya gives them something else to do.

In England we do not mind paying for the "just in case". Not so here where taxpayers are a lot more greedy & selfish!

America needs to spend a little bit less time worrying about "me and my family" and more time looking after "my neighbor, my Town and my Country".

Welfare Capitalism is what it needs.

Tom Sawyer
04-02-2011, 04:30 AM
Hang on there BV, Raytheon corp makes the guidence systems for them bombs and right now folks are working overtime which is a pretty rare thing these days.

ballvalve
04-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Well, thats great, except the bombs are squandered on a pack of nuts that have no connection whatsoever to our lives and security.

Shoot them into the Pakistan tribal villages where Osama is smoking his water pipe right now, watching re-runs of 9-11 videos.

Let the French and English branches of raytheon take the overtime for this stupid insult to the American taxpayer.

Give the money to an American solar panel maker and they will run overtime too. For a reason that makes sense. And creates a product that is enduring.

I have some land at Walker lake [Hawthorne] Nevada. Google over this incredible desert lake and see the worlds largest depository of bombs and munitions on earth. We are ready for WW 3 here, and because of a lack of enough conventional wars, the main job of this depot is to destroy post dated bombs. Once a week they close the lonely road to California and blow off a pile of bombs that makes every seismograph jump on the west coast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_Army_Depot

And Ian, when you visit the west coast, stop in at the ghost town of Babbit, it was built just to house workers to make the bombs that saved the UK's butt in the big war. Its quite a eerie feeling to be amongst hundreds of acres of streets, walkways and foundations, and nothing else around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babbitt,_Nevada

Once while driving off road on a VERY lonely road, I came into a bunch of bad ass special ops training with locals dressed in the garb and turbans of our 'friends' in Afghanistan. Quite a show that you wont see on TV.

Have a look at Walker lake. Incredible spot. One of the few terminal desert lakes on earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_Lake_(Nevada)

ballvalve
04-02-2011, 10:33 AM
America needs to spend a little bit less time worrying about "me and my family" and more time looking after "my neighbor, my Town and my Country".

Welfare Capitalism is what it needs.

England needs to spend less time watching its royal morons drop millions and take that money and donate it to Americas poor and to pay off some its debt to all of our soldiers that died on Omaha beach.

Ian Gills
04-02-2011, 02:13 PM
The money used for the Royal Wedding is their personal wealth.

Just because we don't mind paying taxes, doesn't mean we don't have rich people.

America would do good to learn from that.

Rich, wealthy and paying taxes do go together.

And most Americans who died in the War did so saving their own butts, against Japan!

Or was Pearl Harbor/Hawaii on English soil?

Redwood
04-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Or was Pearl Harbor/Hawaii on English soil?

Umm No...

When Captain Cook arrived in the Hawaiian Islands and attempted to claim it for the British Empire...
The Hawaiians rejected his offer....

Hawaii did however deed a small plot of land where a monument marks the spot where they killed him to the Brits....

Fortunately since they never were part of the British Empire they still liked you enough to include the Union Jack in their state flag...

Ian Gills
04-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Although the Americans did run away with their tails between their legs during the Paulet affair, didn't they?

They were happy days and the Americans were wise to keep out of the King's business.

They had already caused enough trouble.

Redwood
04-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Although the Americans did run away with their tails between their legs during the Paulet affair, didn't they?

They were happy days and the Americans were wise to keep out of the King's business.

They had already caused enough trouble.

Ahhh Yes...
The days of French and British Pirates visiting the island paradise....

It's hard to believe that people that call themselves civilized can act like that....

Is that a proud moment in british history Ian?

master plumber mark
04-04-2011, 04:47 AM
looks like the british and french cant decide who to bomb...
or when to help the rebels on the ground....

total lack of co-oridination:cool:

they are just trying to sucker us in and do all the dirty work for them

get your toilet paper ready everyone.....

Cookie
04-04-2011, 07:58 AM
I am all out. Just this morning I handed my son a stack of coffee filters.

ballvalve
04-04-2011, 11:28 AM
The money used for the Royal Wedding is their personal wealth.

Just because we don't mind paying taxes, doesn't mean we don't have rich people

If the royal dingbats and their crumpet like parents had paid enough taxes, they wouldnt have been able to afford the circus.

And most Americans who died in the War did so saving their own butts, against Japan!

You are correct, we should not have helped the UK in the war. You could have fought the Huns with your wooden gliders and crossbows.

We should have focused on taking over all of the Pacific and Russia, and making each portion a new state.

Then we would be getting some good products out of that island now called 'New Germany' .... Imagine a BMW Range Rover that's not in the garage 7 months of the year!

We could have ferried a good pile of Brits to Australia before the slaughter as a sign of goodwill. Englands Dunkirk to the pacific!

In keeping with Englands system of transportation, CRIMINALS first, then young men, prostitutes, and finally the women and kids.

Ian Gills
04-04-2011, 05:52 PM
We could have ferried a good pile of Brits to Australia before the slaughter as a sign of goodwill. Englands Dunkirk to the pacific!

In keeping with Englands system of transportation, CRIMINALS first, then young men, prostitutes, and finally the women and kids.

That would never happen because you are us.

All Americans are Americans. But some might define themselves as African Americans. Others Latino Americans. Or Asian Americans.

And then there are European Americans. Like you.

Yep, America was and still is populated in part by descedants of Europeans.

You are me.

God Save the Queen.

LOTW
04-05-2011, 06:52 AM
That would never happen because you are us.

All Americans are Americans. But some might define themselves as African Americans. Others Latino Americans. Or Asian Americans.

Yep, America was and still is populated in part by descedants of Europeans.

You are me.

God Save the Queen.

Why should God save the Queen? Does she retain a useful purpose? Or is she not like a fancy hood ornament on a Fiat?

Tom Sawyer
04-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Your childs education for the price of a cruise missle. At about a million a pop, every one of the hundred plus cruise missles that were lobbed inefectually into Libya could have bailed out hundreds of school districts that are facing the elimination of teachers in the face of tough economic times. A single cruise missle would pay close to 30 teacher salaries for a year in my state. If I thought that we were just using up old stock so to speak, I might not be so outraged but I know damn well that every single one of those missle's will be replaced.

ballvalve
04-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Why should God save the Queen? Does she retain a useful purpose? Or is she not like a fancy hood ornament on a Fiat?

More of a bumper sticker on a Rolls Royce.

Thanks, but few consider the Brits Europeans. They cant figure out what you guys are. Celts with some Roman DNA, mixed with a thousand years of rapes from the Nordics? Sort of like kangaroos trapped on Australia.

Maybe a lost eskimo floated in on a kayak a million years ago and started it all. Bred with the Neandrethrals and mountain sheep.

Ian Gills
04-05-2011, 04:13 PM
But we have thousands of years of history Ballvalve. Celebrated by a Royal legacy that stretches back to relatively soon after the birth of Christ.

And America does not. Because pretty soon, each and every one of you reaches a point in your family tree that was not *here*. Because your ancestors for one reason or another just could not cut it at *home*.

Unless you own a casino of course.

So that is why God Save the Queen.

LOTW
04-05-2011, 06:47 PM
But we have thousands of years of history Ballvalve. Celebrated by a Royal legacy that stretches back to relatively soon after the birth of Christ.

And America does not. Because pretty soon, each and every one of you reaches a point in your family tree that was not *here*. Because your ancestors for one reason or another just could not cut it at *home*.

Unless you own a casino of course.

So that is why God Save the Queen.

Or, more likely, just the opposite. Specifically, we left to work, to advance ourselves and our children, and to pursue opportunities other than The Dole. I suspect that you are here for the same reason. I am happy, with a great family and some degree of success. Perhaps you are homesick.

ballvalve
04-06-2011, 10:47 AM

So does [did] America. They were called Indians, mistakenly of course.

Murdered and raped by a pack of smallpox and syphyllis ridden Italian, French and English morons. Its a dark day, the discovery in 1492. Flags should fly at half mast on Columbus day.

Come sit on my huge flat top boulder above the 300' waterfall. Its filled with generations of grinding holes for acorns from a destroyed idyllic society.

They would have been able to see from here the Grizzly bears feasting on Salmon in the valley below. Now, a Salmon would need a bus to get here.

And perhaps a permit to spawn.

'God save the world with birth control' He can do the Queen next.

Cookie
04-06-2011, 03:41 PM
The more I read this stuff, lol, the more I am glad I am alittle bit of everything. I am irish, french, german and indian. I am supposedly related to chief guyasuta. Don't you think, we are just all alittle bit of everything? If we all really knew waaaay back when... I do. Hell, if I looked hard enough, I would probably find an Ian in mine, lol.

master plumber mark
05-01-2011, 10:40 AM
IAN...
the British and NATO finally grow the brass cahonneys to take out Kadafi and
they cant seem to hit the damn target.... what the hell is going on??
they kill everyone else around him , but one of the bombs turns out to be a dud..

what kind of cheap assed operation is going on over there having duds dropped right into his lap???
you would think that the british would be useing their top of the line munitions......
so are they dropping WWll surplus bombs on the fellow...?????....

Now they are back peddleing and saying they are sorry
trying to claim that they dont try
to assiniate anyone.....

IAN......if at first you dont succeed, try , try again.......:cool:

DonL
05-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Hello All,

I don't think that we even need to be in Libya. If it was not for the Oil then we would not be there.
All it has done is raised the price of Oil, and killed innocent children.

We need to be more concerned about our own problems, closer to home.

Why not protect ourselves from the stuff going on the Mexico Border, Makes more sense to me.

We can not afford to take care of our own people, Let alone the rest of the world.

Charity starts at home...

Have a great May Day.

DonL

jimbo
05-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Don't forget...it takes hundred of blue collar high jobs to build those missiles. Wouldn't want to put all those folks out of work.

DonL
05-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Why blow stuff up in other county's, Then Go back and rebuild what we just blew up, At YOUR cost ?.

Makes no sense at all.

We need to save our Military for when we need them , To defend our Country.

DonL

Ian Gills
08-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Mission Accomplished.

That's what happens when the old powers get involved.

America just can't do it like the Brits and the French!

ballvalve
08-29-2011, 11:13 AM
What mission? A guy that slept in a tent in New York a few months ago? You are all nuts.

At least I doubt the Americans will be paying death benefits to Osama's family. We should bill them for the service, however.

A little war is great training and testing, and more practical than shooting missiles in Nevada at old trucks.

And if you read the fine print, the USA ran that absurd war anyway. Here comes Al Queda!

Ian Gills
08-29-2011, 11:50 AM
You pretend to take all the glory, but you were not really there.

It's like that in a lot of wars.

ballvalve
08-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Read the fine print and discover that the Brits and French discovered they could do nothing there without our information gathering machinery.

They are having meetings about it today. We should charge them for the service.

Why didnt the French Seals [Frogs?] shoot Quadafi in his tent in new york and save a few billion?