Interesting toilet install problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Stevo77

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I bought a foreign-made one-piece toilet from another homeowner in town, and it looked to be in great shape (new, never used), and the bolt holes were in the right spot. I never thought to check the horn, as I just figured they are all the same, and this toilet wasn't the weird Euro one needing a separate siphon unit.
However, when pre-planning the install at home (weeks after buying it), I noticed the horn is very odd. Usually the outlet hole is surrounded by a flat section that enables the use of a wax ring. Not this one. the hole is surrounded by space (cavity); The diameter off t his exit hole is about 2-1/2" inside and 3" outside. Also, this isn't quite centered with the bolt holes.
I know my first option is to go with another toilet, but I like to find ways to make things work. I looked at wax-free connectors, but they weren't an ideal fit. Now I'm thinking I can fill the cavity with something like epoxy mortar, getting the bottom as flat as possible, say a few eights of an inch below the hole profile. Does anyone think this would work, giving me a flat section around the horn hole for use of a wax ring or wax-free gasket? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
The only marking on the toilet is "Dofcon," which led me to nothing via online search. So, if this type of toilet is at all familiar to anyone, please let me know.
Thanks,
Steve

Dugfresh

Reaction score
Sorta sounds like a Coroma brand toilet which utilizes a plastic adapter that you would attach to your closet flange via a wax ring but has a one inch offset. You can then offset your toilet forwards or backwards, tho I'm not sure why you would want or need to unless its an oops fix. The adapter then has a rubber gasket which the horn fits into snuggly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks