Please recommend a moisture detection tool.........

Users who are viewing this thread

qtrmiler347

Reaction score
I am probably going to buy one, since an expert is a few hundred dollars to come out anyway on a one-time deal. I believe it's one of those things that's good to have and use occasionally for peace of mind.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I believe it's one of those things that's good to have and use occasionally for peace of mind.

I don't know. I have gotten by for over 70 years WITHOUT one and still have peace of mind. What is your problem that you even need one ONCE, much less "occasionally"?

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
If you're building houses it would be nice to make sure your lumber has dried out enough before you drywall... Beyond that, if your drywall is wet enough to require testing, you're probably only confirming your worst fear anyways.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; If you're building houses it would be nice to make sure your lumber has dried out enough before you drywall...

And WHO, other than someone building his own house, is going to delay construction while the lumber "dries out"?

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
quote; If you're building houses it would be nice to make sure your lumber has dried out enough before you drywall...

And WHO, other than someone building his own house, is going to delay construction while the lumber "dries out"?

You live in Arizona, you wouldn't understand.

I guess you've never walked into a "new" home, looked up and seen 75% of the screws holding the board to the ceiling joists popped?

The people who do this are craftsmen, people who care about the quality of homes they build, and if it means a week lead time for the drywaller, so be it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks