Toto Ultramax - Warranty from 5 years, now 1 year

Users who are viewing this thread

IraSeigel

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking at the spec sheets for the Toto Ultramax, based on all the recommendations here.

On an older spec sheet (Feb, 2001), Toto lists a 5-year warranty. On the Toto website, and elsewhere on Terry's website, a newer spec sheet from Mar 2009 lists a 1-year warranty.

Is there any explanation as to the reduction in warranty from Toto? Has this been an issue for any installers or end users? The UtraMax would be my first choice, based on all the installer and user recommendations, but I'm dubious of this short warranty period.

Thanks very much.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have less then 1% returns on Toto. Better then anything else I'm selling. You can go with the American Standard, their warranty is longer. They have a lot more problems right out of the box, but the warranty is longer.
So I guess you choose between calling customer service a lot, or go with a trouble free product that you won't need the tech support number for.
It's your call.

The Ultramax is made in the USA. I don't know why more people don't buy a superior product made by American workers.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks