View Full Version : galvanized sink drain- want to connect pvc to it

10-14-2005, 11:06 AM
I have galvanized drains in my house and an old pedestal sink in the bathroom with metal (galvanized?) pipes. I want to get a new sink and faucet and use pvc. How do I connect the pvc to the galvanized drain coming out of the wall? thanks for any help!


10-23-2005, 11:42 PM
The metal threads coming from the wall would work using a slip joint washer and slip joint nut.

Then you can use that pvc trap with it.

10-24-2005, 01:16 AM
If you can get that old Galv. line out of the wall,,,,There is made a threaded piece of Sch. 80 pvc (it's dark grey) .You can thread that in, cut to length, glue new trap and be on you way !

I get these at my supply house.Have NOT seen them at the box stores,,sorry