Advice on this set up

Users who are viewing this thread

grall1126

Reaction score
Hi, I have 1/2" copper tubing coming down the wall with a 90 degree turn with a old style valve that is frozen shut. I want to replace the valve and would like to use a compression valve. I was thinking of just cutting the copper pipe on the vertical line.

1. What do you recommend that I buy considering all the different types of valves?

2. Can I put the valve vertically or do I need to have a 90 degree bend?

3. Can you "Un-freeze" a valve?

I am a novice and bought stuff today but the guy sold me different stuff. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 162

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The best valve for toilets and other fixtures that should always be either fully on or fully off, is the 1/4 turn valve. These come in about every connection option there is, so I'd figure how to use the least number of fittings. Valves do not are what orientation they are in, but I'd try to keep the valve and supply line close to the wall as opposed to protruding out into the room. Makes for a better appearance and easier cleaning. Don't even consider spending 5 minutes on that old valve. Also use a supply line that has the braided stainless steel covering.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks