Kohler K 3404

Users who are viewing this thread

rosspoling

Reaction score
I purchased my toliet 14 years ago and have had no problems. I had to purchase do to the waste lines and have been happy ever since until now. I need parts and they are not making them any more. They offered me replacement toliet K 3467 and said it is a 800.00 toliet but is not the pressure type, they will not give me a break on what I have. After going on line I can buy that toliet for less than 475.00. I do not like Kohler blowing sunshine up my but.
Looks like I may be filling a Law Suit like West Coast did for same reason and then may get results.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Kohler of today is not the Kohler of yesterday. Buy out and moving to Mexico has cause quality to diminish greatly. Few regulars on this forum have good words for Kohler, and most of us prefer Toto. There has been volumes written, and I would encourage you to go through this section and read some of them. Toto is the largest maker of toilets in the world, with factories in many countries, including the US. The do no make a pressure assist because with their superior design, this is not needed. Repair parts such as fill valves and flappers are basic off the shelf items like flappers found everywhere. Toto is not sold in discount stores, but they are available at less then MSRP. I would caution you about buying a toilet on line. When shipped as single items, breakage is quite a problem. (Any brand) If you can't find a Toto dealer in you area, many plumbing shops can get them. Good luck with your law suit, but don't hold your breath.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
your toilet is 14 years old, and you want them to warranty it? Give me a break. Kohler has made MANY toilets during that 14 years and probably ALL of them are either discontinued, or different from the original ones. About 10 years ago Kohler DID give credit for the old ones, (but NOT a free replacement anyway so your $475 toilet might still be cheaper than it would have been), but how long do you expect them to keep on doing it? I can guarantee that any lawsuit you institute is going to cost a LOT more than your new toilet would, and you still won't have a working toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks