Supply warm water remotely

Users who are viewing this thread

Florin

Reaction score
Hello,

At the moment I only have a cold water tap in the garage but I need warm water instead. Passing another line from the water heater to the garage is too complicated.

Is there a way to mix the water in the water heater room without crossing over the hot and cold water in the system?
Is there a reliable one directional valve or something like this?
Any other option? Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are several valves which will do that. The safest ones are thermostatic mixing valves which are usually used in showers. Powers, Lawler, and others, make them.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Correction. A "2 gallon heater" will do 1/25 of what a large heater can do. NO 120v electric heater heats the water as fast as it is used, so the tank has to be large enough to supply ALL the water needed before it goes cold and then has to take time, without using the hot water, to reheat.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Correction. A "2 gallon heater" will do 1/25 of what a large heater can do. NO 120v electric heater heats the water as fast as it is used, so the tank has to be large enough to supply ALL the water needed before it goes cold and then has to take time, without using the hot water, to reheat.
?
1 kw heating 11 gals should perform the same as 4.5 kw heating 50 gals. Whether anybody makes such a heater is another issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks