Dave Ramsey's $10M House plumbing cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Website
www.coolsprings.com
We just published an article on Dave Ramsey's new house here in Cool Springs, about 3 miles from where I am sitting.

Based on the size of Dave's massive new home (approx 13,000 sf) what would the range in price for the plumbing work inside amount to?

I haven't been able to find a "$ per sf" or any rule of thumb to estimate the cost for the just the plumbing work in Dave Ramsey's house.

Any ideas? I appreciate any help or thoughts from you professionals!

Thanks!

Editor
CoolSprings.com

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
plumbing new construction is priced more on a per fixture basis, rather than purely sq ft. Number of toilets, number of showers, lavs, number of kitchen sinks, washing machines, etc. And the bid would be a basic number, with an allowance number per toilet, per lav, etc. Then custom stuff like foo-foo fixtures, shower that says to algore: conserve this, buddy! All those things add up. It would take a very experienced contractor to bid that house correctly.

Apparently, the radio business has paid off well for old Dave!!!

Attachments

• dave-ramsey-mansion.jpg
    dave-ramsey-mansion.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,050
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Even a "per fixture" estimate can be wildly off the mark, since it can vary with the quality, and expense, of the items used. A small house could have a very high plumbing estimate if they used all "custom" trims, while a "large" house could be the same or less if they were more frugal. The only way I estimate ANY house is by reviewing the plans and specifications and then developing a price unique to that house, based on the actual time and materials needed for it. ANY formula, (and we used to joke that we would weigh the blueprint to figure out the cost of the plumbing), will usually give a price that is too high or too low.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks