Tub cleaner

Users who are viewing this thread

Rburt5

Reaction score
I have a 30 year old bathtub that has dark stains/residue left over from when anti-slip things were stuck to its bottom. Is there a solvent or anything that will take it off?

Also, there is rust creeping out from around the drain. Is there anything I can do to keep it from spreading?

I attached pictures of both problems. I really don't want to tear out my tub and replace it with a new one if my old one can be saved.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 305

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
(I think it is by Mr. Clean) The eraser sponge pad seems to clean a bunch of stuff, and isn't highly abrasive. You might give one of those a try.

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you have red staining inside of your toilet tanks? That would indicate you have iron in the water. C.L.R or Super Iron Out might be useful in that case. CLR may be useful for some other things, such as the color being held by a calcium/lime deposit.

Regarding the drain, you have a screw in the middle of the grill. If you could remove that screw, and lift out the piece, that would make it easier to clean that stuff that is now in the crevice around the grill.

Grill is probably not the right word.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks