changing path of drain vent

Users who are viewing this thread

A

alhurley

OK, I'm sure this is way simple, but I'm more of an electrical guy than plumber, and I've learned long ago about how to spell "assume." I'm doing total rebuild of master bath showER and the 2" ABS drain vent runs right smack through where I want the new shower control. The line runs straight up from the floor about 4' then a 90 over to the main stack (about 4' away).

I want to cut both the vertical and horizontal legs about 2' from the 90 and use two 45s to cut the corner. Any problems with this? (I said it was simple :) )

TIA

-art-

Attachments

• VENT.gif
    VENT.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 279
Last edited by a moderator:
A

alhurley

tanx! it's off to ACE I go. :D

(I know this seems logical, but I've lost count of all the times there was some 'gotcha' lurking in that logic!)

A

alhurley

no studs to drill through at the moment. I ripped the studs out in this area as they are not load-bearing and were in the wrong locations to accomodate the new shower plumbing and support new shower door. this wall is shared with main bath but it's actually a double-thickness wall so there's plenty of room to work. the 'studs' in this area will actually be turned 90 deg and reinforced with blocking between studs. so the working room isn't bad.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks