Why is there a slab under my shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bassadict69

Reaction score
We are discussing remodeling our bath & putting in a whirlpool tub and seperate shower...I know this will get fairly expensive since all the plumbing is under the slab, but what I am trying to figure out, is why my shower is on a slab that is raised above the rest of the floor. Also, the drain is opposite of the faucet & knobs in the shower. :confused:

bass-shower-01.jpg

bass-shower-02.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Whomever installed that shower did not want to dig into the slab to route the drain line embedded in or below the slab. The only way to get a p-trap where it needed to be was to raise the shower up. It generally looks hokey, but does work. The cost to move it was probably the main consideration in why it is what it is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks