Reverse Osmosis: Prevent Leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

vlee99

Reaction score
I just installed a reverse osmosis system.
The hoses seem press fitted in, and will come out if pulled on...not very secure to me.
Are there any safety items I can install to prevent a potential flood?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They shouldn't come out of the fitting if pulled unless you are releasing the clips.
If they pipe can pull out, it may not be in far enough.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If the fittings are like most, there is a stainless steel barbed circle that grips the pipe. they do feel sort of loose and cheap but they should hold just fine. If you put the RO under the sink try and clip the lines out of the way so that they don't get pulled on when someone is fishing under there for stuff.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are little "circlet" clips that snap under the "release" collars to keep them from coming apart accidently. BUT, it is VERY difficult to pull a properly made connection apart, especially when it is under system pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks