View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what brand of trim is compatible with this diverter valve?

09-11-2010, 07:02 AM

My landlord sold me this house, but not before failing to fix the bath faucet. The trim is a price pfister handle, however, it doesn't fit on this valve, it was merely jammed on. Can anyone here enlighten me as to how I can figure out the brand and find a matching trim piece/handle without taking the whole wall apart? It functions fine, I just keep a crescent wrench in the shower....

09-11-2010, 07:58 AM
I could be wrong put it looks like a moen valve. Also you are going to need access to the bolt holes of the valve in order to secure the trim plate to valve body. Finally without seeing a side picture, the valve looks to deep in the wall and an extension kit might be needed however I could be wrong.

09-11-2010, 09:27 AM
It is a Moen Positemp type valve. There is a variety of handle styles and finish colors available. The tile installers were too cute. You need about a 4" diameter hole in the wall, to access the escutcheon screw bosses, and integral stops if any. Hard to tell in the pic if the stem is broken off short, in which case you just get a new cartridge. It is probably just too far back, due to newly added tile. Moen positemp extension kit, moen # 96945, will take care of that.