Replacemnt stems hard to find in California

Users who are viewing this thread

Jacodelic

Reaction score
I am currently working on a shower faucet made by Sign of the crab/Strom. The problem is that I need a faucet stem for the hot side. I found a company that carries the stem that I need (Tapco), but they will not ship to California because of some new lead law that prohibits the use of lead in new or replacement faucets. I have a friend in Oregon, but this company only sells wholesale. The part is Sign of the crab/Strom #PPO106 which is both the hot and cold stems which is OK. This is for a Shower, no one will be drinking the water, I don't understand why this is such a hassle. Can anyone help????? Greatly appreciated
Jack

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
CA dances to its own drummer, but the rest of the country tends to follow, but it often takes awhile. Time to bite the bullet and get something that will be supportable into the future. You think they're hard to find now, just wait!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There are a number of brands and models that are now "orphans" in California. The OEM's are only making lead free parts for the most popular items, and even the aftermarket companies have to make a business decision on each item....is there enough demand for it to warrant the expense. Vermont has the same law, so all 412 residents of Vermont are in the same boat as 35 million folks in CA!

Fear not....the lead law will probalby come to all states, and it doesn't matter much, because almost all faucets are now made to comply, no matter where you buy it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks