Hansgrohe metro has no pressure on HOT side

Users who are viewing this thread

EdPDX

Reaction score
I have a Kitchen Prep Type Hansgrohe faucet (metro e). The pressure on the HOT side is next to nothing. There was good pressure when it went in a couple of years ago.

I just disconnected the faucet from sink; but left all stainless lines connected to their water supply. I pulled the cartridge and when water is turned on the HOT water just barely runs out of one of the three rings in the fixture (not from the cartridge). So I have ruled the cartridge out.

Then I pulled the valve off the HOT stub under the sink. The HOT water comes out at full pressure (a lot) - a hose routing it back into the sink drain. So pressure seems to be ruled out.

Does this mean there is something in the stainless line between the valve at the stub and the body before the cartridge? How do I clear this line? The faucet is only 2 years old, I hate to replace it.

BenIngram

Reaction score
Had same problem; here's how I fixed it

I had the same problem, but with a Hansgrohe Talis S 2-Spray HighArc, and isolated the problem to the faucet body and stainless flex line just like you did. I alternately used flushing with white vinegar and snaking with weed-whacker line to fix the faucet. In the end, I flushed / pushed out 5 small black chunks that were either pieces of a charcoal filter or rocks, and the faucet works great.

For the white vinegar, I had the most luck extending the hose that goes to the supply so that I could lift it above the level of the faucet body. I then poured vinegar into this extended line. I also used 1/4" OD tube to pour it in from the faucet body connection to the cartridge, but that spilled / leaked a lot more.

I tried feeding in the weed-whacker line both directions. At first, it wouldn't go very far from the faucet body side, but after some vinegar flushing and snaking from the steel flex lines, it went through. Once everything was clear, I was able to snake the weed-whacker line all the way through.

I know it's too late for you, but hopefully, this helps someone else.

Ben :)

I have a Kitchen Prep Type Hansgrohe faucet (metro e). The pressure on the HOT side is next to nothing. There was good pressure when it went in a couple of years ago.

I just disconnected the faucet from sink; but left all stainless lines connected to their water supply. I pulled the cartridge and when water is turned on the HOT water just barely runs out of one of the three rings in the fixture (not from the cartridge). So I have ruled the cartridge out.

Then I pulled the valve off the HOT stub under the sink. The HOT water comes out at full pressure (a lot) - a hose routing it back into the sink drain. So pressure seems to be ruled out.

Does this mean there is something in the stainless line between the valve at the stub and the body before the cartridge? How do I clear this line? The faucet is only 2 years old, I hate to replace it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks