Questions from Louisiana

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I had a plumber come out today for an estimate, and to pick his mind about my overall ideas.

That is why I do NOT tell the customer how I intend to do the job, until he signs the contract. Otherwise, they use my ideas to do it themselves are tell "Joe Blow, the handyman" how he can do it. There are several things wrong with your drawing, but a plumber would know how to install it correctly.

nola

Reaction score
Thank you Terry. HJ, the plumber the company sent was a 20 year old young man, and I wasn't comfortable in his knowledge. I also think there are some things wrong with his plan, which was why I was asking for some help. He also quoted me 1500 to do the work, which I think is way to much for just a DWV system. I was hoping I could do it myself, which the permit office said I could, as long as everything meets code. There are only 2 plumbing companies where I live, and the other company has had many complaints from friends and family, and is not licensed.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The best plumber I ever had taught me how to solder.

After that, I didn't need to call a plumber any more.

Well, except for the last one who taught me how to snake a simple blockage in a small drain.

Stand there and watch them do their job. It's your house and you're paying for their time.

There's nothing wrong with learning a thing or two along the way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks